Chapter 28 ~ A Tough Secret

The twins sat in their own hospital chairs as nurses worked on medicating and bandaging their thankfully minor burns. The twins were in their own private room, away from the stresses of the busier wards.

"You two are very lucky you know, to have gotten out with only minor injuries." The nurse said as she bandaged Leo's hand before moving over to Luna to do the same for her.

"Our friend Aria is the one who saved us, is she okay? The paramedic said she was in a bad way, she was taken off into some other place pretty quickly when we got to the hospital." Luna asked worriedly. 

"They took her to the ICU, she sustained some pretty nasty injuries and inhaled a lot of smoke, they've done what they can for her and I heard she's stable and resting now, hasn't woken up yet." The nurse explained, finishing up their bandaging. 

"All done. I heard your friends are here, would you like me to send them in for you?" The nurse offered.

"Yes please." The twins answered eagerly.

The nurse bowed and left the room, a few minutes later they heard a knock and the door opened, revealing Akiza, Yusei, Jack and Crow.

"Thank goodness you guys are okay! We've been so worried." Yusei exclaimed as he quickly made his way to the twins, his friends stood not far behind him.

" Yusei exclaimed as he quickly made his way to the twins, his friends stood not far behind him

"Yusei!" The twins cried as they rushed forward to hug him which he returned gladly. They took turns hugging each of their friends also in the room, Jack was never much of a huger but he allowed it considering the circumstances.

"There's so much we need to tell you guys about what happened." Luna said as the twins sat back down in their chairs and the others stood patiently for their explanation.

"So, a while after you left Yusei, some guy named Ryuu made his way into our house using magic, his aim was to come after us and he got super angry when he saw Aria was with us. Aria was going to duel him on her own but we insisted on helping. He had this crazy powerful dragon called the Red Eyes Ultimate Dragon, it was tough but we beat it. After we managed to win his dragon wouldn't go away and he made it set fire to our house, so we think he's a psychic duellist too! Aria managed to get us out of the house, but she couldn't get out and part of the ceiling fell on her, not long after that...Namira showed up and, well, she saved her." 

"Namira?! That girl who duelled Aria before?" Jack exclaimed.

"Yep, we don't know why she came to save her, but she did..." Leo added.

Yusei clenched his fists and tightly closed his eyes. His knuckles turned white from the tension, he was furious and it didn't fail to show.

"How could I have let all this happen..." Yusei grunted, breathing out carefully through his nose.

"Yusei it's not your fault!" Crow stated, placing a firm hand on his friend's shoulder.

"Exactly, how could you have known this was going to happen? This isn't anyone's fault!" Akiza agreed.