Chapter 24 ~ "You're In Love"

Having spent a couple of days resting and doing her best to relax at home, Aria was desperate to get out of the house for a bit, Yusei however was not so keen on the idea.

"Aria, I don't want Namira or any other of those dark duellists coming after you again, please it's not safe!" Yusei pleaded, watching Aria pace to and from the kitchen and living room.

"Yusei, I understand you're worried but I can't stay inside here all the time, I'll go mad, wouldn't you?" Aria replied, crossing her arms, slightly annoyed at Yusei's insistence for her to stay indoors.

"I can handle myself I'm sure if anything does happen, besides, I don't exactly want to go out to the park alone and leave myself open. I want to go out and maybe meet up with Akiza or maybe Leo and Luna, I don't get to see them too often you know." 

Yusei thought for a moment, he was being too restrictive on Aria by trying to convince her not to go out and he didn't want her to feel any resentment or resistance towards him because of that. He knew she was a strong duellist and could handle herself, even so that didn't stop him from worrying about his friend, he was terrified of something happening to her like it did the other day. 

"Why not hang out with Leo and Luna and have some friendly duels or something? Akiza's busy today at the Duel Academy doing some volunteer work." The two turned to see Crow stepping out of the garage, wiping dust and grime off his hands with a cloth.

"He's right, she hardly gets out of the house without us or you always being there. I know there's danger lurking but she needs to have some independence if she wants to be truly prepared for it." Jack interjected, leaning on the rail of the floor above them near the stairs, he fixed his jacket collar before continuing;

"If you ask me, we really need to be out there searching for these dark time duel meddling freaks, unfortunately they leave no traces or clues as to where they come from so that's impossible to do for now."

Aria turned her head towards Yusei and gave him a bold grin, raising her eyebrow as if to say 'Weelllll?'

Yusei felt the heat rising to his face from the expression she gave him, since when did Aria get so cheeky? Aria, whom when they first met was practically too scared to even step outside the front door, now had become so outgoing despite everything going on, perhaps it was determination to save the world he wondered. He briskly pinched the bridge of his nose and looked at her again.

"Do you know the way there?" Yusei questioned.

"Well I've only been there properly once and that was a couple months ago, so not really, perhaps you could lead the way?" Aria replied.

"Oh okay, but stick close by my-" "Yes yes she gets the idea lover boy now go take her to Leo and Luna's house and be back quickly, I wanna show you some possible mechanical improvements for the runners when you return." Yusei was about to advise Aria to drive close to his runner before Crow interrupted and practically pushed to two of them into the garage and shutting the door.

Yusei and Aria stood in the garage, both red faced and frozen on the spot, at a complete loss of what to say or do in that moment. 

That son of a- Yusei mentally stopped himself cursing out his friend, he was certainly not happy with Crow.

"Umm, what the heck was that about?" Aria said to try and break the awkward silence between them.

"That was, well, I don't even know, let's just go." Yusei answered hurriedly, wanting to end the subject and get out of there as soon as he could.

-

"Di-did you just call him what I think you did?" Jack asked, completely perplexed at what just unfolded.