Chapter 8 ~ A Dream or a Memory?

Panic, dread, the world around Aria turned grey-scale and time all around slowed down. Trees became paused in motion as they made their last turn with the wind, leaves and other debris falling down were stuck in mid air, people became stuck in a single moment in time and this darkness was quickly spreading, spreading from a crack in time created by one who sought to destroy the world years before, wanting the suffering to be slow. As the darkness spread, the quicker it did so and Aria ran. Her heart felt as though it would fly out of her chest from fear and desperation as the darkness and the halt of time crept ever closer. She shoved her way into a building, a laboratory and into a large room with some form of pod for someone to stand in with a control panel next to it. People's screams of terror echoed outside as she typed something onto the control panel and flipped a few switches, doing so without wasting any precious seconds to think or even catch her breath after running. After finishing a stray tear trickled down her cheek, what she was doing pained her but she had no choice. She briskly wiped her tear away and grabbed onto the door handle of the body capsule before freezing as she heard...

"ARIA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"  

-

Aria shot into an upright position as she woke up from her dream. Sweat rolled down her forehead as she tried to calm her heavy and shaky breathing and slow down her heart which felt like it was beating 100mph. After a few moments she was able to calm herself down, slowing and quieting her breathing before taking a look around to see if she had woken anyone up. It was still night time, the only light in the room being the moonlight beams that shone through the window leaving a trail across the room, dust dancing in random patterns in the light. Aria took a look at the clock on the wall and she could just make out a time:

3AM

Aria took a deep sigh and laid back down, hoping to get some more shut eye but to no avail. She simply could not shake her dream out of her head, not just because it was terrifying but it seemed so real. Something about her dream seemed so familiar to her, but she couldn't figure out what or why. Could it have been a memory, or was she just going crazy? Aria tentatively sat up and pulled off the sheets, stepping off the sofa bed carefully so as to not make any noise. She tip toed over to the stairs, climbing up them at snail's pace before opening the door which made a sudden loud creek as it opened. Aria froze in place, swinging her head around to see if any of the boys had woken up and walked outside their rooms, thankfully after a moment of waiting frozen in silence she let out a sigh of relief, she hadn't disturbed them. Stepping outside she closed the door behind her, her eyes squinting in an uncomfortable fashion as the same creak sounded. 

Aria walked over to a metal rail across the path from the house, overlooking the duel race tracks and bridges that connected the once desolated and isolated Satellite to New Domino City. They were illuminated by lights along the side panels that guarded duel runners from falling into the sea. The city ahead of it was illuminated by what seemed like a million lights, even at night the city was alive and moving, like a place that never sleeps, it was all in all a beautiful and fascinating view that brought Aria a smile but unfortunately it didn't last long. 

Her thoughts drew once again to her dream, the city she was in, she slowing of time and darkness that crept towards her, engulfing everything and everyone in it's path, the lab, the body capsule, what was she typing? Who was the voice that spoke to her? Why did it seem so real? Could it have been a memory? So many questions she couldn't figure out how to answer. Aria tilted her head from the view of the city up to the sky, despite the lights from the street lamps, race tracks and city lights, the sky was still a stunning deep blue and shone brilliantly with millions of twinkling stars.

 Aria tilted her head from the view of the city up to the sky, despite the lights from the street lamps, race tracks and city lights, the sky was still a stunning deep blue and shone brilliantly with millions of twinkling stars