Chapter 2 ~ Remembering how to Duel

"Huh?" The young girl replied, glancing down to her arm, her own duel disk activating before her. "Wh...what's happening. Wh..where a...am I?!" 

"You're on the duel field, New Domino stadium. You're here to duel right?" Leo questioned, he knew something was definitely up with this girl but to start asking questions about the light, why his mark was glowing or to delay the duel anymore than it already was would probably cause trouble.

"I uhh..." The young girl stopped herself, glancing down to her duel disk and her deck. For some reason when she looked at it she felt she knew it, that she knew all the cards within it and what the duel disk was for, what dueling was, but she didn't know how she knew. She couldn't remember a thing, where she came from, who she knew or how she got to be standing in the middle of a duel monsters ring. She could hear the disgruntled words of many audience members who began to get annoyed and inpatient as the duel hadn't started yet. Her instincts told her to run, and get away from this unknown place but she pushed them aside for the moment, she didn't know what people would think or do if she ran out on her opponent. 

sigh I don't think I have a choice, I don't want to humiliate myself or this kid. She thought to herself, finally steadying her breathing and fidgeting and turning to face Leo.

"O..okay, let's do this" she mumbled, just loud enough for Leo to hear her. 

"Awesome, at last, I'll go first!" Leo exclaimed, excited to finally start the duel." 

(music will be the theme for Aria's and Leo's duel)

"Ladies and gentlemen! The almighty duelist Leo draws!" Leo narrated his duel with much enthusiasm, as he did with every duel. It seemed to help him keep confident, though his sister often thought it was rather childish she wouldn't try to stop him.

"I summon Morphtronic Celfon in Attack Mode! With this monster's special ability I can dial it, and which ever number it stops on I can draw that number of cards and if at least one is a monster, I'm able to summon that monster!" 

(please forgive me I am really not good with writing duels, so I will only be writing in the main parts, with the summoning and stuff I know about, I will fill in the gaps as best I can with description of how each duelist feels and is struggling or excelling in the duel etc. I've watched the show a lot but I don't know how to write duels great because I don't know enough about all the cards so they'd be pretty terrible if I tried, I apologise if this is annoying to any of you. Also there will be a few OC cards, I will do my best to make their powers and affects realistic and not make all of them silly and OP)

The young girl could tell right away Leo had a morphtronic themed deck which he was very proud of. The way he narrated his every turn as though he were a great champion being commentated over made her chuckle.

"You have great spirit Leo, but don't get too excited, this duel has only just begun." The young girl stated.

Leo was able to draw 3 cards, unluckily for him, none of them were monsters so he decided to place 2 cards face down and end his turn.

"You got lucky this time. But the great Leo always has a plan! Your move!" 

"I dra-" "Wait before you do, I never asked, what is your name?" Leo interrupted, realising he wouldn't be able to put a name to his opponent when he spoke, he certainly didn't want to come off as rude to her or anyone watching.

"My name? I..." The girl had to think, it made her slightly panic, of everything to not know it just had to be her name too, but as if by magic a name suddenly came to her head, she felt very strongly about it, she knew this was her.