Chapter 17 ~ More dreams and Jack's Soft Side

Leo and Luna had been fully informed of the situation about Akiza and everyone was resting at their homes. It was midnight and Jack, Crow, Yusei and Aria were all asleep, gaining the much needed rest after the previous day's events. The night however offered Aria no relief, her brow furrowed and her eyes tightly squinting in her sleep, restless legs and a death grip on the blanket over her, she was dreaming again.

-

She shoved her way into a building, a laboratory and into a large room with some form of pod for someone to stand in with a control panel next to it. People's screams of terror echoed outside as she typed something onto the control panel and flipped a few switches, doing so without wasting any precious seconds to think or even catch her breath after running. After finishing a stray tear trickled down her cheek, what she was doing pained her but she had no choice. She briskly wiped her tear away and grabbed onto the door handle of the body capsule before freezing as she heard...

"ARIA WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

Aria's head shot up from inside the capsule as she saw a figure standing before her from the outside, banging furiously on the glass door, a woman, a woman with similar features to Aria but seemed a few years older. She wore a white lab coat and her her was tied into a messy bun with strings of it stuck to the sweat on her face.

"I have to do this...it's our only hope, I have to save us." Aria said firmly, with a hint of sadness from inside the capsule.

"But we haven't even tested the machine, it's too dangerous." - the woman replied desperately, fumbling to find a way to open the door.

"The darkness outside is stopping everything, it's only a matter of time before it reaches here, and we can't run away, it's spreading faster by the second and will eventually halt everyone in the world, time will stop forever unless I try to do something."

The woman before her continued to bang and shout but her voice became a distant echo, as did the knocking of her fists on the glass, Aria's sight became blurred as the vision around her became distorted into darkness.

-

"Aria. Aria, wake up, for crying out loud what's up with you!"

Aria shot up gripping tightly to her blanket, sweat dripping down her forehead and strings of her head stuck to her face. She breathed heavily and placed a hand on her chest were her heart was pacing seemingly 100mph.

"Bloody hell Aria, you okay?" 

Aria turned to her left to see Jack standing next to the sofa bed, the soft light of the kitchen lamp dimly lit the living area but it was enough to clearly see him.

"Sorry Jack, I...just had a bad dream" Aria breathed out as she rested a hand on her forehead and closed her eyes.

"Thought as much, I came down to grab a drink of water and I heard you whimpering and rustling the blankets round a tonne, typical for a nightmare. I figured I'd try to wake you as it didn't seem very pleasant whatever it was you saw in your head" Jack said as he sat on a chair on the other side of the room and crossed his arms.

"What was it about?" - Jack questioned somewhat gently.

Aria neatly placed her hair behind her ears so it wasn't a mess and stuck in her face before she sat up straight and looked at Jack to speak to him.

"Well, it was similar to the dream I had before, except there was more to it. This time I spoke to someone."

"Who were they?"

"I...I don't know, I couldn't see them all that clearly but I think they were a woman, kinda looked like me I guess but older. We were, arguing, I was in the same lab as before, inside the capsule and everything, I don't know what I was trying to do but I have a feeling it was something super important cause I just kept saying to this woman that I had to do it. They were pleading to me not to."