Chapter 30 ~ Bittersweet Intimacy

*This is a SMUT chapter, I do not know if it will be the only one in this story but I'll see how it pans out. Nonetheless this means I will mark my story as MATURE, if you are under 18 it may be best for you not to read this chapter but it's up to you, just putting that disclaimer there. The aim of this chapter is to really highlight just how serious Yusei's and Aria's feelings have become, and to introduce inner conflict for Aria with the knowledge that she will one day dissapear if they defeat the enemy.*

Yusei carefully carried Aria back inside the house, making sure to not accidentally knock her onto the doorframe as they entered. He delicately placed her onto the ground whilst he closed the door and silently locked it. Taking Aria by the hand he led her down the stairs and into the space between the open kitchen and living room, of which the moonbeam from the window lit up light a spotlight on the dancefloor. Taking her face in his hands, Yusei tilted Aria's head up and brought his lips to hers, sealing them together like two matching puzzle pieces. Aria's arms shyly wrapped around Yusei's middle back, her hands deliberately and slowly running up and down, the soft fabric of his shirt being pleasant to the touch. Yusei broke the kiss to look Aria in the eyes, prompting her to raise an eyebrow in confusion at the sudden pause to their intimate moment. Yusei lowered one hand to her hip, keeping the other on her cheek, caressing it with his thumb. His eyes looked deep into Aria's and he seemed to be in deep contemplation.

"Yusei? What is it?" Aria whispered.

Brushing a strand of her hair behind her ear with his fingers he then spoke.

"Would it be...too crude to ask if...if you wanted to perhaps, do m-more tonight, I- ah jeez, I'm not great at this." 

Yusei removed his hand from Aria's cheek to pinch his nose and awkwardly scratch the back of his head, lowering his gaze to the ground.

"You mean...to, go further than kissing? To do...that?" Aria spoke softly, her voice slightly wavering with the last word.

Yusei raised his eyes back up to Aria.

"Yes, that. Or anything you want really. Or nothing at all if you think it's too soon or you don't want to I just- I, well, what else can I say, I just love you, and if you want me to be frank, I want to make you feel good, in this mess we're all in right now, after everything you've done for us, you deserve to be the one with the attention for once." Yusei started off nervous, but finished his answer with confidence. 

Aria's eyes couldn't decide what to look at, Yusei, the window, the floor, the kitchen sink, tiles, her gaze was as agitated as her mind and couldn't focus. She truly loved Yusei, she did want to do this with him, but she feared deeply for breaking his heart once she was gone. He was opening himself up to her, he was willing to be vulnerable to her, not just with his emotions, but physically too. Sex wasn't something to be taken lightly in this moment to Aria, not with what was at stake and what awaited her. She feared she would be betraying his trust if she went that far with him, everything felt so unfair to her in that moment for the both of them. She almost regretted finding out what was in for her, if she didn't perhaps she'd be able to be guilt free with going through with having sex with Yusei.

"Listen Aria, if you really don't want to do it, that's fine, I won't be upset or annoyed with you if that's what you're worried about, we can just, cuddle I guess." Yusei chuckled, rubbing Aria's shoulders with reassurance. 

Aria looked into his eyes, her thoughts still swimming around her head, she took in a shaky breath and sighed, closing her eyes. 

I shouldn't do this, she kept thinking, but at the same time something inside was urging her to go for it. She knew she wouldn't be here forever, she didn't know how long she would have, if this was truly her only and last chance at love before she disappeared, she wanted to take it. She just prayed to Ra that in the end Yusei would forgive her. Her eyelids drifted open to meet his affectionate gaze that waited patiently for her answer.