Chapter 16 ~ Akiza's Fight

"Who are you? I demand to know!" Akiza yelled, the ferocity of her tone very noticeable. The mysterious man in the dark cloak however only saw humour in her fear and anger.

"Two of your friends may have defeated one of our duellists already but that streak of luck will NOT continue, prepare to duel Miss Akiza, or should I say, *Black Rose*?" The dark duelist snickered as he taunted Akiza who stood across the room from him.

"Funny, using my past name to taunt me won't work, I think you'll find I *WILL* win this duel!" 

Akiza's serious tone matched her expression as she readied her duel disk on her arm.

"LET'S DUEL!"

The evil duellist cackled and raised his free hand, a blood red glow shone through his pupils and a thick smog enveloped them both, leaving nothing around them visible. 

"What is this? What's going on? Tell me!" Akiza demanded.

"You really don't take notes do you? You should know what this is after your friend's duel against one of us.

Huh?, Akiza thought to herself, but very quickly she gasped at the sudden recollection. During Yusei and Aria's duel against the dark duellist they said they became enveloped in smoke and once they were out they realised no time had passed even though they had been duelling for a long period of time. 

Noting Akiza's expression the evil duellist smirked. 

"Looks like someone finally remembers, but enough of that, we have a duel to complete, a duel you won't win!"

"We will see about that! I draw!"

-

The roar of the duel runners echoed through the alleyways and streets of the Satellite and through New Domino as Yusei, Aria, Jack and Crow raced towards Akiza's apartment as fast as they could. The 3 boys signer marks glowed and burned with great intensity, drawing them towards their friend's home. Meanwhile at their own house Leo and Luna sat, anxiety rushing through their veins as their own marks seared their skin, all they could do was sit, wait and hope that Akiza would be okay. 

"Yusei! What if this is another dark duellist fighting her? When we fought one they stopped time around us, do you think the same thing could be happening to Akiza?" Aria shouted above the roaring engine of the speeding runners.

"There's only one way to find out, so we had better get to her as quickly as we can!" Yusei yelled back as they continued on their way to reach their friend.

-

The duel went on and on, monster after monster, one spell and trap card after another, Akiza's skills were truly put to the test, and as much as she hated to admit it, the duellist she faced was incredibly skilled

The duel went on and on, monster after monster, one spell and trap card after another, Akiza's skills were truly put to the test, and as much as she hated to admit it, the duellist she faced was incredibly skilled. She tried in vein to get answers, who were they? What did they want? Why were they attacking her and her friends? All her questions were dodged or met with cryptic answers she didn't understand. The one thing she did know, was that this duellist needed to be stopped. She wasn't sure how long the duel had been going on for, it felt like forever but she knew time outside this duel likely froze in place like it supposedly had with Yusei and Aria's duel.