Chapter 10 ~ Visiting Leo and Luna

Aria, Yusei, Jack and Crow all spent a bit more time with Martha, chatting and drinking tea before Martha needed to head back to the orphanage.  After she left they all went into the garage to get the duel runners out for the drive to Leo and Luna's place. 

Leo and Luna both lived together in their mansion like home with their parents. Their parents however were always away on business trips and what not so were rarely home. Leaving the twins to their own devices 99% of the time so they very much enjoyed the company of Yusei and the others whenever they would visit them at home or the duel academy. 

It wasn't a hugely long drive from the warehouse to Leo and Luna's place, it was a trip the boys had done countless times, today was just the first time they had brought anyone new with them, so they took the drive more slowly and leisurely, showing the sites of the city to Aria and making sure she got familiar with the route should she ever make the route herself or if she was in the city on her own, knew where she was. 

-

*knock knock*

Leo rushed over to the door as soon as he heard the knocking and got up on a stool to take a look through the peep hole, seeing it was his friends he yelled to Luna who was in the living room to let her know who was there. Stepping down and placing the stool aside, he unlocked and opened the door. 

"HEY GUYS!" Leo shouted in excitement hugging each of them and they all ruffled his hair in return. Turning to see the female figure he went to hug, thinking it was Akiza since she was the only woman who ever visited with the boys or without, not thinking it was Aria with them.

"Akiza, so awesome you're visiting today too!" Leo shouted with excitement.

The boys, now inside, looked to one another and to Aria awkwardly before Crow spoke up. 

"Actually Leo, it's Aria who's visiting with us today."

"Huh, Aria?" Leo replied looking at Crow confused before turning to look up at Aria's face. His cheeks grew red and heat rose to them from embarrassment at his mistaken assumption.

"Ohh arrr - I ummm - s...sorry Aria uuhhh"- "Haha it's alright Leo, I know it's usually always Akiza so I get the assumption. No need to be embarrassed." Aria told him in a soft tone with a kind smile, hoping it would stop him feeling so embarrassed. 

"Phew, thanks Aria." Leo responded with a relieved sigh before turning to run past them all.

"Luna's in the living room, come on guys!"

Everyone walked down the hallway into the living room. Aria took in everything she saw. The house was huge and extremely well kept. She had sat on the back of Yusei's duel runner for the journey there and on the way he told her about Leo, Luna and their home, and how they were mostly on their own at home. So it surprised her at how clean the house was, but assuming they must have had a baby/house sitter occasionally she didn't dwell her thoughts on it long. 

Upon entering the living room, Luna's face lit up and she rushed over to hug her friends in greeting. She was about to make the same mistake as Leo before stopping herself once she saw it was Aria and her smile wasn't quite as bright. It made Aria feel bad, she assumed it was because Luna was expecting to see Akiza and wasn't so happy seeing Aria there instead.

"Hey Luna, you okay? I imagine you were expecting to see Akiza instead of me, I hope that's not upset you or anything." Aria knelt down to Luna's level and spoke kindly but with slight worry.

"Oh no, it's not upset me at all Aria it's just that....umm" Luna stopped herself, unsure of what to say. Yusei noticed Luna's worried look and as Jack and Crow were preoccupied with Leo, the young boy excitedly chatting with his friends about duels he had at the academy since the last time him and Luna saw them, he opted to walk over to the two.

"Everything okay over here?" Yusei questioned, leaning down also, placing a reassuring hand on Luna's shoulder.

"Yes, I just, need to talk to you all about something." Luna replied and she encouraged Yusei and Aria to follow her to the sofas where Jack, Crow and Leo sat. Luna, Aria and Yusei placed sat themselves on the opposite one and Yusei coughed to gain the other boys' attention.

The conversation hushed and they all turned to look at him, slightly confused as to why he suddenly had a look of seriousness on his face.

"What's up Yusei?" Leo asked, tilting his head to the side. 

"Luna says there is something important she needs to talk to us about." Yusei kept up his serious tone before looking down at Luna and gesturing with his hand from her to the others that she could now say what she needed to. 

"Okay, ummm" Luna started nervously, unsure of how to start.

"Well, it's something to do with you Aria." 

"Me?" Aria replied, raising an eyebrow.

"You see, I have the ability to speak to duel spirits and...last night, Ancient Fairy Dragon talked to me, and she was really worried. She said the Crimson Dragon sensed danger was coming, and it was linked to you somehow, not that you were the dangerous one but you may have some part in stopping it." 

"She spoke to you last night? Hmm, I had a strange dream last night, which, we think, could possibly be one of my memories but

"She spoke to you last night? Hmm, I had a strange dream last night, which, we think, could possibly be one of my memories but...I don't understand. What danger? And what could I possibly do to help? I'm not a signer like all of you..." Aria sighed heavily, feeling hopeless.

Yusei interjected. 

"Maybe not, but you're still a great duelist. You ended up here somehow, where from? We don't know. How? We don't know that either but something tells me we will find out, and hopefully get you your memories back."

"But what if there's nothing I can do Yusei, you're all signers, you're all the powerful, significant ones here in New Domino, I'm anything but..."

"The Crimson Dragon never directs us to someone of no significance"