Chapter 6 ~ How about a Duel?

Aria had been living with Yusei, Crow and Jack for 2 days. She had been yet to go outside the house, so time passed by painfully slowly without doing much. She did her best to help out with chores like washing up and general house cleaning. Most of her time however was spent sitting on the sofa gazing at the world on the other side of the glass window. She mostly thought about the talk about the Crimson Dragon and her duel with Leo, but her mind also drifted into wonder of how and if she would ever find anything about who she was. She understood she likely would find out eventually, but it would be an intense waiting game. 

"Aria, Earth to Aria!", Aria was drawn back to reality from her thoughts upon someone behind her calling her name. Turning around she saw Crow standing by the sofa, one hand hung loosely to his side, the other rested on his hip. 

Crow and Aria were the only ones in the house whilst Jack and Yusei were out visiting Leo and Luna, Crow had offered to stay behind for that visit to make sure Aria was okay. None of the boys felt okay to leave her alone, even if she said she would be fine.

"Oh, sorry Crow, I was in my own world" Aria admitted, rubbing the back of her head, feeling embarrassed, heat rising to her cheeks. "What's up Crow?"

"Just wondering if you were okay, other than helping out with the chores, you've not been doing much with yourself the last couple days other than stare out that window, ya gotta do something with your time or ya might just die of boredom." Crow said, slumping himself down on the other end of the sofa. 

"I know Crow, I just, I don't know..." Aria sighed. 

"I don't know what to do with myself I suppose, I spend all my time thinking about that duel with Leo, the Crimson Dragon, and just hoping there will be some clue at some point that will lead me to answers of who I am. I know this is probably gonna be a 'wait and see what happens' kinda thing but how do any of us know that anything will happen? What if I'm gonna be stuck here forever and never know who-" "Woah woah woah slow down." Aria began to ramble on and became more panicked as her words just fell out of her mouth. Crow interrupted her realising this, hoping to bring her back to reason. 

"Look, I know ya worried, but don't be. Something will happen, I'm certain of it. I mean, I'm not sure when or how we'll find anything out but the Crimson Dragon will let us know, it's able to sense things we signers need to be aware of. It was able to sense when that stop of time was about to happen and directed us to you when you appeared, it knows you had something to do with it, and I know if something comes up related to what happened it will tell us. We just have to wait."

Aria nodded in understanding. Crow's explanation making her feel more at ease again. 

"I suppose, but don't be surprised if I get all worked up and grumpy because of waiting. I can't guarantee I'll be very patient" Aria said lightheartedly with a chuckle, trying to raise the mood.

Crow laughed in response. 

"Oh Ra, please spare us, Akiza is bad enough to deal with when she gets angry." Crow said dramatically, throwing his hands in the air and running them over his face in fake despair, the action causing both of them to burst into a fit of giggles. 

"Hey, I know a better way to pass the time than by staring out that window." Crow began, standing himself up from the sofa once he recovered from laughing. 

"Hmm?" Aria hummed in response, raising an eyebrow.

"How about a duel?"

"A...duel? Oh Crow I'm not sure."

"C'mon, it'll be fun, a chance to take your mind off of things, plus I wanna see what it will be like to duel you myself after how well you dueled Leo. Besides, have you got any better ideas?" 

Aria sighed but gave a small smile. "No...alright Crow, lets do it, but don't think I'll go easy on you just because you've been nice to me."

"Haha, that's the spirit, c'mon, lets head outside, it's a better space for a duel out front than in here." 

Crow and Aria both headed out after preparing their decks and their duel disks. Outside the weather was blissfully warm. Crystal clear sea blue skies allowed the sun to beat down fully onto the city but was countered with a gentle breeze flowing through which gave relief to the heat. 

Crow and Aria stood opposite each other in front of the house, upon positioning their left arms in front of them, their duel disks activated.

"Are ya ready Aria?" Crow smirked, eager to start the duel.

"Are you?" Aria challenged, confidence growing inside her as she stood tall

"Are you?" Aria challenged, confidence growing inside her as she stood tall. The two stared each other down, both with smiles plastered across their faces.

"Lets duel!"