Chapter 7 ~ Aria vs Crow

"Lets Duel!" 

(yes I know a lot of the themes for the duels in this story are pokemon remixes, but I just love em and thought they fit. Don't worry though, some actual Yu-Gi-Oh themes will be around too lol)

Right from the beginning Aria could tell Crow's deck consisted of Black Wings, which she thought rather suited him since his name was 'Crow'. He was clearly a very skilled duelist and extremely confident, like Leo except he didn't commentate over the duel. Aria found the duel more difficult than the duel with Leo, Crow seemed to be better at anticipating what Aria's moves and strategies might be and working his own cards around that, perhaps it was because he had already seen her duel once before but even so, it was impressive. 

During the duel Aria, like when she dueled Leo, was like a different person. Her shy, fearful persona that lacked confidence was washed away and it was as if all that worried her didn't matter. She still didn't understand how she knew nothing of herself except how to duel, and how to duel well and with passion but she wouldn't question it for long. It gave her a great sense of joy, it was fun but had a sense of importance to her at the same time, like it was a huge part of her and always had been.

The two had been dueling for around 15 minutes, Crow was able to synchro summon Blackwing - Silverwind the Ascendant, one of his most powerful monsters. Aria's life points were at 1800 and Crow's 2000. Aria had yet to summon a Synchro Monster but had 1 face down card that she set early in the duel and things were about to change when she summoned a tuner on her turn.  

"You should remember this little guy Crow. I summon Magnet Dragon in attack mode. And with my Carboneddon on the field I think it's time he was given a tune up. I tune my Magnet Dragon with Carboneddon to synchro summon...

Celestial Wolf Lord ~ Blue Sirius!" Aria called out triumphantly and a great burst of cerulean lightning dazzled the duel field and revealed Aria's mighty beast. More attack points than Solar Wing Dragon but one level lower.