Chapter 3 ~ Nothing To Lose

Jack, Crow, Akiza, Leo and Luna had all met up at the stadium entrance as agreed should they not be able to find Aria. It didn't really surprise them that Yusei hadn't shown up yet.

"Ugh where is he?" Jack groaned, making it obvious he was annoyed Yusei hadn't met up with them yet, assuming surely with how long it had been, that he couldn't find who they were looking for.

"You know Yusei Jack, that guy just doesn't give up." Crow sighed, realising they could be waiting for Yusei for some time. Even if a situation seemed hopeless, which the group experienced many times during past challenges like the battle with the dark signers, Yusei never gave up. Once he had his heart set on something he sure as hell was not an easy guy to be swayed from it. 

"Oh hey, speak of the devil." Crow announced, looking down the hall which guided his friend's attention in the same direction. "And looks like he found her."

-

Yusei and Aria made their way towards the group. Aria instantly felt nervous under the stares from the others. On the way to them Aria had explained to Yusei about her lacking memory and the only things she knew of was her name, and how to duel. Yusei took in everything she said and was about to question her on whether or not she experienced anything like the stop of time and the white void he and the others did, even if she had no memory of anything before that but she answered his question before he even asked it. 

"All I remember is there being this void of whiteness and the feeling of being paralyzed in place. Next thing I knew I was on that duel field having to duel your little friend Leo. That's it. I...I know it must sound totally crazy, but I swear to you it's the truth I"- "Relax Aria, I believe you. That white void you mentioned just now? And the feeling of being paralyzed? Me and my friends experienced the exact same thing."

"You did? But how come" - "Oh hey, speak of the devil...And looks like he found her." 

"We, or well Jack, was getting a little inpatient" Crow smirked giving Jack a slight elbow to the waist. Jack gave Crow a sideways glance and rolled his eyes.

"Well you did take your time Yusei, but, you did find her so, I'll let it pass. Speaking of which, Miss whoever you are, we have some questions for you." Jack stated, suspicion clinging to the tone of his voice as he gave Aria a cold glare.

" Jack stated, suspicion clinging to the tone of his voice as he gave Aria a cold glare

"Come on Jack, don't be"- "No Yusei it's okay. I get that you've got questions for me Jack. I'm sure you all have, but, I can't guarantee I'll be able to answer every one you have for me." 

"And why would that be?" Jack replied.

"I've no memory of anything before the duel with Leo, apart from this white void, and the feeling of being completely paralyzed. I've no memory of who I am or where I come from, only my name, which is Aria, and how to duel. That's it." Aria explained, her nerves causing her to grip her right arm, Yusei believed her but she didn't know if the others would. 

Jack's glare softened slightly, realising Aria had experienced the exact same thing him and the other signers did before the duel and before she appeared, but suspicion was still there. 

"I see. But how do we know you've really got no memory?"

"I swear I am telling the truth Jack. I would not lie to you, what have I got to lose?" Aria pleaded, swaying her hands away from and back to her sides to emphasize her point. 

"Our signer marks didn't seem to give off a sense that she was anyone malicious, so if the Crimson Dragon doesn't think she's someone dangerous, I see no reason not to believe her. She's right, she's nothing to lose." Akiza stated in support of Aria, looking to her and giving her a nod.

"Signer marks? Crimson Dragon?" Aria asked, even more confusion filling her head. What were these things Akiza mentioned? Now she felt like she might have just as many questions for all of them as they probably did for her. 

"Look, this probably isn't the best place to discuss all this. Lets head back home and we can sit down and talk it out there." Yusei suggested, thankfully with everyone agreeing with him and they all proceeded to head outside where the duel runners waited. 

Aria stared at the ground as she followed the others out, nervously fiddling with the ends of her sleeves. She couldn't understand what was happening to her or why and it made her incredibly anxious, she needed answers as much as Yusei and his friends did. 

Yusei sensed Aria's worry from the look on her face as he walked over to his duel runner, Aria following beside him. 

"Hey, I know this must be scary for you Aria, but we'll try and figure this out okay?" Yusei said softly as he placed a comforting hand on her shoulder. 

Aria looked up to see Yusei looking at her with a kind smile on his face, which she returned, followed by a small nod of acknowledgement. 

"Thank you Yusei. I hope so."