4

Can't say I didn't warn you all [insert new main character here]. I thought the song fit the mood for the chapter ❤❤

Please don't charge me with pitchforks 😭😭

I promise good things are coming 🙈
_________________________________________

The entire ordeal of packing my things took another hour. As soon as I had moved my boxes to the living room, I saw that Hero had already left.

I still had an ache in my chest over the fact that it was really over, but I knew in the end it was for the best. 

Tawnee had met me at the apartments as promised and drove me to the nearest motel. It was nice.

It stood tall, made entirely of ceramic tiling, and had a wide parking area.

I already knew this motel would be far out of my budget.

As soon as I settled into my room, I walked around, enjoying the layout. I'd had a major upgrade with large flatscreens and a jacuzzi overlooking the parking lot.

When Tawnee demanded this at the front desk I wanted to fight her on it, but I decided it was better to be grateful.

Besides, I needed to relax after the day I had. 

It was like the person that decorated this room just knew it was in my taste.

With two twin beds, a wide flatscreen, a mini-fridge, complimentary muffins and coffee grounds, and to complete it- a large desk with a lamp and many pencils and pens, it was pure bliss.

Oh, how I wanted to end my night with a blueberry muffin and serene music in the background. Which I could do.

As I stripped out of my clothes and wrapped myself in a blue robe, ready to jump in the jacuzzi, my phone beeped, alerting me I had an email. It read:

TAWNEE HORAN:
________________________
I know that I'm "quote on quote" supposed to wait for your application process to go through, but now that you're living in a company based motel, I don't see why we need to stall this further. If corporate has an issue, they can kiss my ass. I do, after all, sign their checks ;)

Have a nice night, my dear.
__________________________
T. Horan, Horan Enterprises Inc.

I dropped my phone on the side table, taking a deep breath. I smiled. This was great. Maybe things would finally look up for me. I had a place to stay and I had a promised job. Now I just needed to get my life in order. 

As I neared the bathroom, I heard a knocking sound on my suite door. I clung my head. Could I not get one second of silence? 

Opening the door, I was ready to fake tiredness until I saw who was on the other side. 

I knew I'd never seen him before, but it didn't stop me from gawking.

It was a boy, most likely in his twenties, with luscious, wavy ebony locks.

He had a sharp-looking face but was very charming. He wore a patchy red jacket, covering a white shirt, tucked tightly into a pair of jeans. 

A tight feeling hit my chest, but it wasn't painful at all. It was a light, flighty feeling that made me feel like I was more likely to be clumsy.

I felt my cheeks heat, suddenly making me conscious of the fact that my hair was still unkempt and greasy from the hospital.

I'd only felt this way towards one person- without all the initial hate when we first met. 

The boy released a quirky smile. "Miss. Addison, is it?"

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, trying to remember what he'd asked. 

"What-? Oh... Yeah, that's me."

The boy only laughed. "Hey, I'm Cole Sprouse, from the Horan Enterprise- for today that is. I have a form for you."

He brandished a thick vanilla envelope. I took it, immediately, going to open it. 

"What is it?"

"Oh, sorry," Cole replied, scratching the back of his neck, "That's the form for admittance. Just a few boxes indicating that you understand your rights and all that. Just be sure to hand it in your first day."

Tawnee only emailed me moments ago. Did they really work that fast?

I nodded, already wanting to know more.

"Right. So, you said you work at the Horan enterprise?"

Why was I even trying to make conversation with this guy? 

"Yeah," He went on, "I actually just joined the corporate offices. I also run the motel here part-time."

My eyes widened. "Oh, wow. You seem to have your hands full."

"Yeah," Cole replied, bouncing from one foot to the other. "I should probably let you get to your business."

I shook my head, shaken out of my reverie. "Oh, right. Yeah. Um... Thank you. I suppose I'll see you around?"

Turning down the hall, Cole threw me a flirtatious wink. "Definitely."

As he turned down a corner, I shut my door, throwing myself against the wall, taking a deep breath. That was interesting. 

Shaking my head, I threw off my robe, sinking down into the jacuzzi, eyeing the few families below mingling in the lot.

Cole Sprouse though 🥶

I already knowwww Hero is gonna be pissed 😭

Please don't forget to vote and comment ❤