~10~

As the week went by, you started attending sword practice more often. However, because the royal guard mainly focused on quirk based skills, you were excluded from most practice.

Only Katsuki and his parents knew of your quirk and you planned to keep it that way. You hated it and hated the idea that you could manipulate others.

You found a small clearing in the garden near the large lake, so everyday after training you went there to continue to practice. You often brought a couple books and something to eat so you could stay out there longer.

The lake and the gardens around it were beautiful. Everything was calm and the noises were the birds in the trees and the wind through the leaves of the large oak trees that surrounded the area.

Today went the same as every other day. You picked up some bread from the kitchens before walking down to the clearing with your swords and a couple books.

After awhile of practicing foot movements you sat down against a tall tree. You took out some polish and a rag and started to polish your sword.

As you thoroughly cleaned the sword, you heard a giggle come from a bush to your right. You turned to see the wide eyes of a child peering out from inside the bush.

"Hello there," you said to the child, smiling softly.

"h-hi'' The child said, growing quiet. You sensed the child's nervousness and softened your expression.

"Would you like some bread?" You say, holding out a piece of the bread you had brought for yourself.

The child nodded before slowly walking out of the bush. It appeared to be a little girl about the age of eight. She had long brown hair and deep blue eyes. Her clothes were nice, but quite dirty.

"Who are you?" You ask the child calmly.

"I-I'm Yuki" The child said, nervously.

"Hello Yuki, I'm Y/n." You say, holding out a hand. Yuki grabbed the hand and shook it gently.

"So what brings you all the way out here?" You ask her.

"I was playing with my uncle, b-but I got lost," She said sweetly.

"Oh, who is your uncle? I might be able to get him back for you." You say smiling.

"His name is Kat-sui" She said, giving you a toothy grin.

"Oh, do you mean Katsuki?" You say.

Yuki nodded. She then put her hand out to touch your sword. "What is that?" She asked, confusion evident on her face.

"It's called a sword" You say softly. "you use it to fight bad guys"

"Oh" She paused. "Can I try?!"

"I don't know, I'm only learning. So I can teach you myself." You say trying to sound polite.

"Are you always out here?" She asked.

"Pretty much" You say, putting your sword away and pulling out one of the books you bought.

"What's that about?" She said pointing at the book.

"My, you ask a lot of questions" You say chuckling. "It's about a girl who falls in love with a prince."

"Oh, can you read it to me?" She asked, grinning.

"I can give it to you if you want, you can read it to yourself over and over again." You said passing the book over to her.

"I can't read." She said frowning a bit.

"Why not?" You say, a bit taken aback.

"Cause mother wont let me," Yuki said, her voice evident with sorrow.

"Well, If I teach you, you can't tell your mother, understand?" You say sternly.

"Yes, Miss" She said, her grin bigger than the sun. You smiled at her before saying.

"Please call me Y/n, Ok?" She looked at you and nodded.