~8~

It's been a couple hours since you last saw Katsuki and your embarrassment has since left. After a while of looking around you found a bookshelf in your study that had a collection of some of your favorite books.

Your step mother would never approve of such a thing, she believes that a woman who reads and does not serve her husband is a woman condemned to hell, or something along those lines.

You never quite paid attention to her words unless physical punishment was involved. Nonetheless, you didn't want to get caught looking at books. Punishment would be even harsher in another land.

You turned away from the bookshelf just in case someone caught you staring. You walked away and sat on a small couch in the sitting area opposite to the study.

It couldn't hurt to look, as long as you're not reading them, you thought as you stared at the study.

"No! Y/n you cant think like that. They will surely punish you." You say to yourself, determined to stay away from the shelf.

But you won't get caught, you can just sneak a peek, right?

"ugh, no." You say, trying to push the thoughts from your head.

Come on, just a look. No one will know.

"fine"

After debating for a couple minutes you decided to just take a peek at the shelf. You rushed over to the shelf greedily.

Your eyes wandered over the spines of each book. They were all new copies, in pristine condition. Your eye abruptly paused on a specific book.

Daughter of Thorns

"odd title." You said as you picked up the book. The cover was beautiful; it was red with forest green vines covering the book. The spine and writing were gold.

"It's absolutely bewitching" You say as a small smile crossed your face. You slowly opened the book and started to read.

After awhile you found yourself sprawled out on the bed, your dress spun around you. You nose stuck in the book.

The story was about a young girl who grew up in a rich family, but on her 10th birthday her family was murdered and her house was burned to the ground.

She vowed that day that she would avenge her parents and kill anyone who stood in her way. Then joined up with a team of assassins who taught her how to fend for herself.

From that day forward, she went looking for the people who killed her parents. She learned that they were actually part of a secret society who had one true enemy.

On her 18th birthday, her parents' enemy appeared in front of her, but she stood her ground and won the fight. She killed the man, and then put off being an assassin. She eventually found love and lived a happy life.

You were in appsolute aw. You never knew a girl could achieve such things by herself. You wished you could learn how to fight and defend yourself just like the girl in the story.

You looked up from the book, a smile plastered on your face. You looked at the large window and saw that the sun was setting.

Oh shi-, you thought as you hopped out of bed and rushed to the door.

You definitely missed dinner.

"Oi dumbass" you hear Katsuki growl. You turn to see him sitting in one of your chairs, staring at a piece of paper in his hand. "It's about time, you finally stopped reading. What do you see in those stupid things anyway" He said nodding his head twords the book in your hand.

THE BOOK

You were so lost in it that you had forgotten, that you weren't supposed to read. You quickly hid the book behind your back and backed away from katsuki, towards the study.

"What book?" you say trying to play dumb.

"The one in your hand" He said, rolling his eyes at you.

"Right......" you say as you turned and ran to the study. You put the book on the shelf and walked back out into the main area.

"tsk, come with me." He said as he walked out of your room. You followed him quickly, trying to prevent more yelling than there needed to be.

"Please I'm sorry." You say pleading with Katsuki.

"What the hell are you talking about?!" He growled.

"Aren't you going to punish me for reading without your permission." You asked, your guard still up.

"I don't know how they do things in your kingdom, but in mine those who read are praised." he said as his gaze on you softened.

"w-what?" you questioned.

"We won't punish you for reading." He said softly as you stopped in front of a single blue door. He motioned for you to walk in.

You opened the door and gasped. Inside was a massive library. With endless arrays of cluttered (but organized) books. A smile lit up your face. Katsuki couldn't help but blush at your cute expression, but it went unnoticed by you.

You ran into the room and through each section. The room was quiet and peaceful. You felt at complete peace.

"Thank you so much Katsuki" you said softly as you walked back over to him.

"Tsk, dont worry about it" He said slightly blushing at your praise. This didn't go unnoticed by you as you stood on your toes and kissed him on the cheek before turning to walk amongst the books again.

You then turned around to see his face flushed with crimson. You giggled at the sight.

Cute

After collecting a stack of books you sat down at a small table and started to read. About ten minutes later Katsuki appeared in front of you with a tray of tea and sweets.

"I thought, since you missed dinner, you would like some tea." He said setting the tea down on the table.

"Thanks" You said, smiling softly before turning back to your book.

"Whatcha reading?" He said sitting on the table, almost knocking down some of the books you had piled up.

"u-um" You paused, your face heating up. "Sword fighting"

"Why?" Katsuki said calmly.

"I-I want to learn how to fight" You said sheepishly, your head turning away from Katsuki.

"Ok, then why don't you join me for training tomorrow." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

"what?!" You said taken aback by his statement.

"Why not, I can teach you how to fight, better than any book can." He said, hopping off of the table.

"s-sure" You said smiling.

~~~~~~~~~~

Hello <3 Sarah-chan