Chapter 25: Pull Through

Raven's POV

"I can't believe you broke your hand," I mumbled, sitting on the bus with Johnny, the man high on painkillers. "Yeah, well, me neither."

"Especially on night two. Like, seriously? Of all shows."

"I can't play like this, Ray. We don't have a replacement, either." He sighed, sinking into the couch more, his eyes closing. "You can't play bass, either." "Nope."

Johnny and Larry spent most of the night at the emergency room, it now the next morning and everyone was out doing stuff. I'd offered to stay with gimpy, who for some reason wanted to stay on the bus. "Maybe you could be on stage to do your backing vocals, but Zack could take on bass and I can do his parts?"

"Zack needs a left handed instrument." "Fuck, you're right." "And we can't pull Max from her band anymore, either." I groaned, standing and running a hand through my hair as I went to get a drink from the refrigerator. "Well this is shitty."

"Maybe Brian could do it? He's had to help track bass before." He mumbled, looking over at me. "Yeah, but realistically, he knows jack shit about the bass." "Damn it."

I'd soon sat back down, this time next to him, gently taking his now casted hand in mine. This was his plucking hand, so maybe we could try something. "Can you move your fingers?"

"I think so." His brows furrowed as he began to wiggle his fingers, but he didn't seem to be in pain. "Doctor said it's not so much of my hand as it is more my wrist. It's like, where hand meets wrist that's broken."

"Got it. I'll be right back," I nodded, standing making my way off the bus. I'd soon opened up the trailer and climbed in, digging through until I found one of Johnny's guitar cases. After closing up the trailer I got back on the bus, pulled the instrument out, and handed it to him. He raised an eyebrow at me, and I rolled my eyes. "Just try to play it, dummy."

"Alright, alright," He mumbled, shifting to sit up properly and adjust the guitar. Looking at me, he took a deep breath before he began playing, causing me to grin. "Does it hurt?"

"Honestly? No," He grinned, and I could see the relief in eyes. "I guess we won't need a replacement after all."

"I knew you'd pull through," I smiled, leaning forward and kissing his cheek.

"You, my little black bird, are a saint, and a genius."

"Don't hold me to such a high pedestal, in a week you'll be calling me a demon spawn." I joked, causing him to chuckle, though he didn't deny it. "So, wanna sit and sulk, or go fuck with one of the guys?"

"Ooh, you know the way to my heart." He grinned, standing and putting the guitar back in its case. "I'm a little upset you and Bri are sharing a room, though."

"Why?" "Because now I can't destroy it and put shit on his tab 'cause the room is in your name." He pouted, causing me to laugh. "How long has it been since you've gotten Zack?"

Johnny paused, turning to look at me with an eyebrow raised. "A while, why do you ask?" "I have everyone's extra keys because Larry is tired of you guys losing them."

"Oh hell yeah! Let's go fuck some shit up."