Chapter 9: Babysitting With Brent

~~Raven's POV~~

"Here, go stack the pop wall," Andrew commanded as he pushed a cart of CDs towards me.

"Ew, really?" I internally cringed.

"Yes really. Now go," he walked into the backroom. I rolled my eyes and started pushing the cart towards the area designated for the pop music.

"What's his problem?" Izzy asked as she started walking with me. Today it's just Izzy, Andrew, and myself working, resulting in each of us having the 8 to 6 shift.

"No clue," I sighed and ran a hand through my hair. "All I know is he's got something up his ass and it's irritating the shit out of me."

"Yeah I know. He never has you stack the pop wall," she said, chewing on one of her snakebites. Izzy is like the typical rockabilly pin-up girl, but punk. She has bright blue hair that's almost always up in victory rolls with Betty bangs, she always has red lipstick and winged eyeliner, she has snake bites, tattoo sleeves, and a couple of tattoos on her chest, and she wears the typical modern pin-up clothes.

"I know, something must have him really stressed. You should get back to the register before you get yelled at."

"I should. Good luck," she patted my back and walked away in her black dress with cherries on it and red platform pumps. I searched through the stacks that were piled up in the cart then started stacking them on the shelves in alphabetical order. When I got to the Ls my phone started vibrating in my pocket and looked around for Andrew, but when I didn't see him I pulled it out and answered it.

( Raven Val )

Hello?

Hey sorry to bother you at work, but Matt and I were wondering if you could babysit for a couple of hours tonight? We're going to have a date night and we'll probably come pick him up around eleven.

Uh, yeah I guess.

Cool, when do you think you'll be home?

Around six.

Can we drop him off at 6:30?

Yeah that should give me enough time to shower and think of something for dinner.

Awesome! Thanks Ray! Love you.

Love you too V.

I put my phone back in my pocket then finished stalking the rest of the CDs. I pushed the cart into the backroom and put it with the others, then walked out. Andrew was over at the punk-pop section bussing around like a bee. I rolled my eyes and joined Izzy at the front counter.

"He really needs to calm his shit," Izzy said, watching him.

"Seriously," I jumped up and sat on the counter.

"Oh! Look at this shirt and pair of pants I ordered," she squealed as she pulled out her phone and started tapping away.

"I don't understand how someone could get so excited over clothes," I said as I crossed my left foot over my right and swung them a little.

"Okay, look at this shirt," she handed her phone to me and on the screen was a light blue shirt. It was a western crop top and the designs were a darker blue and were robots, ray guns, astronauts, planets, and other space things.

"That's cute," I said and gave her phone back.

"I know right? Look at the pants I ordered to go with it," she tapped on the screen a couple of times, then handed it back to me. On the screen was a pair of black high waisted pants with four fake buttons along the front.