Chapter 11: Desecrate through Reverence

~~Raven's POV~~ ~~15 YEARS EARLIER~~

"Where the hell do you think you're going?!" I heard my dad scream.

"To my mother's!" mom screamed back and I heard something break. I flinched as I reached up and grabbed Brian's phone from the top of my bed. Brian told me that whenever mom and dad fight I should hide in a place where I felt safe, which was under my bed. He's been leaving his phone here when he leaves and he said to call Matt's number if I need him.

"That's the second time in the past two months!" dad yelled.

"Maybe if you weren't such a dick I wouldn't want to leave!" mom yelled back.

"So you're going to leave me here with two teenagers and an eight year old again?!" dad screamed.

"Sure seems like it!" mom screamed back. I flinched and pulled me knees closer to my chest as I flipped the phone open and searched for Matt's number, my hands shaking from the sobs I was holding back. When I found his name, I hit the call button and held the phone up to my ear. It was answered immediately and Brian's worried voice filled my ears. I could hear the faint sound of a guitar in the background.

( Raven Brian )

You okay?!

N-No. They're screaming and mom is l-leaving. A-And Brent isn't home.

Again?! I'll be there in a minute. You under the bed?

Y-Yeah.

Okay. Stay there and I'll be by your side soon.

O-Okay.

Stay on the phone and Jimmy will talk to you while I'm on my way.

Even though he couldn't see, I nodded and wiped away the tears as he handed the phone off to Jimmy. I sniffled and wiped more tears with my sweater sleeve.

( Raven Jimmy The Others )

Hey, don't cry. It'll be okay.

Jimmy, I'm scared.

Why are you scared Mini Gates?

B-Because I don't like when they fight. They scream and it scares me.

I know it does baby doll, but us and Brian will protect you like we always do.

O-Okay.

Don't cry Ray. Hey! Remember when I pushed Matt in the pool and he chased me down the street?

Yeah.

You yelled at Matt and made him stop and calm down, protecting me from getting my butt whooped. We're all here to do the same for you Ray.

I know.

I couldn't help but smile, but then my door knob jiggled and my smiled disappeared. I moved further under my bed until y back pressed against the wall and I squeezed my eyes shut.

Hey, don't be scared Ray. It's just Brian, I promise. Now I'm going to get off here, I love you.

We love you Raven!

I love you, too.

As soon as Jimmy hung up, my door opened and heavy footsteps entered the room. The door closed and I heard a zipper, followed by movement until I saw Brian lay down on the floor and smile kindly at me.