Chapter 27: Dinner Plans

Raven's POV

"What do you want for dinner?" I asked, turning to Jason. We have a couple of nights off, and I figured we'd have home cooked meals during that time.

"I dunno, what can we make?" "Do we have a grill?" "I think it's under the sink or some shit on the bus." "Then we can make anything."

"Oh fuck yeah," He grinned, stretching as he laid back on my bed. We were sitting in mine and Brian's hotel room while I got ready, and I'd called him over after Brian left to see what we could do about dinner. "Could we have steak?"

"Do you realize how expensive that'll be to buy enough steak for this many people?" I raised an eyebrow, looking over at him as I did my hair.

"Damn, that's true. What about ribs? A couple racks would be enough for everyone," He mumbled, shifting so that he could face me properly. "And we could make potato salad, rolls."

"If we don't add baked beans to the list then Matt will lose it." I added, smiling somewhat, then I pulled a face as I realized what that meant. "But then no room will be safe for me to sleep in because everyone will be rippin' ass."

"That, my dear friend, is true." He nodded, humming softly to himself as he relaxed. "But we gotta think of stuff for tomorrow night, too. Then on top of that, we gotta shop for the bus."

"How do you guys go through so much food? I swear Larry and Dean just went grocery shopping last week."

"We're a group of grown men, what do you expect?" He shrugged. "Plus, in order to keep healthy while they're performing, the guys need to eat a lot of protein and stuff."

"That's still an insane amount of food." I shook my head, soon sitting beside him on the bed, having finished getting ready. "What should we do for tomorrow's dinner?"

"I think we should let one of the guys pick, since I picked ribs." He mumbled, pushing himself to sit up.

"You think we're for sure having ribs?" I teased, an eyebrow raised, Jason faltering somewhat. "Well, yeah. Isn't that why you asked for me? So we can plan meals and go shopping?" Oh he looks so sad.

"You look like a little puppy that got yelled at," I cooed, laughing a bit as I hugged him. "I'm just teasing, Berry."

"Damn, Ray. Let me get all excited just to break my heart," He huffed, acting like he was pouting as he leaned against me. "You're so mean."

"You, but you'll get over it." I hummed, gently rubbing his back. "Now come on, pouty boy. Let's go find Larry and see what he wants for dinner tomorrow, he deserves something special for dealing for dealing with all you psychopaths."

"Hey, we're not that bad!" "Jason, you know all too well that that's not true." "I hate that you're right." He muttered, causing me to laugh as I stood and started to grab to my stuff.

"Does your brother know we're going together?" He asked, sounding a little cautious.

"Does he really need to? I'm a grown ass woman, I can handle myself." I crossed my arms as I turned to him, brows furrowed. Where was this coming from?

"Hey, I'm just making sure." He'd stated, hands up in surrender. "I don't feel like getting beat up today."

"Brian's not gonna beat you up," I rolled my eyes, smiling.

****

Jason and I were carrying the grill outside when Johnny and Zack had walked over from the hotel, the taller raising an eyebrow. "What are you doing?"

"Getting shit set up to make dinner?" I said in a 'duh' tone, giving him a look. "What else would we be doing?"

"I dunno, man. I was just wondering." He shrugged, Johnny clearing his throat. "So uh, would this dinner go well with beer?"

"This dinner is currently marinating in beer." Jason hummed, smiling at him, which caused Johnny to turn to me with wide eyes. "Are you making what I think you're making?"

"Possibly." I shrugged, Zack rolling his eyes as watched Johnny. "Dude, you're drooling."

"I'm just excited! Raven makes bomb ass food, and her beer battered ribs are my personal favorite." He hummed, nose turned to the sky as he spoke.

"Well thanks, short shit," I laughed, though it made me happy to hear things like that. I don't cook for others often, but when I do, I try to go all out. "Now, would you guys like to help us, or go on an alcohol run?"

"I'm gonna leave the cooking to you, Ray. What kind of drinks do you want?" "Think like you're getting stuff for a picnic. You're not really drinking to get drunk, but you don't mind getting a lil' buzzed."

"So, Don Julio?" Johnny grinned, making me sigh. "No, Johnny." "Why not?"

"Because then someone's gonna end up sick and I don't feel like taking care of anyone tonight." I gave him a look, placing my hands on my hips as he pouted. "Fine."

"Now, Jason, can handle the beans while I grill?" "Yes ma'am."

"Don't fuck'em up, Matt will cry." Zack warned, he and Johnny soon walking down to the corner store. Jason looked over at me with what I can only assume was fear, and I rolled my eyes as I smiled. "Maybe I should take care of the beans." "Please?"