Chapter 14: Welcome Home Dad!

~~Raven's POV~~

"Hurry up hurry up hurry up!" I shouted at the dryer. I woke up late, my washer decided it was going to have an error after getting half way done washing clothes which resulted in me having to restart it, Pandora took forever to piss when I took her out, and now the dryer is taking forever.

"This is fucking ridiculous!" I said, raising my voice and kicking the machine with my slipper-clad foot as hard as I could.

"Woah, calm down killer," Lacey said as she walked in and closed the door behind her. "What's wrong?"

"Fucking everything today," I ran a hand through my messy red hair and walked into the kitchen. "What are you doing here?"

"Johnny asked me to come check on you. The guys are all worried because you haven't answered since you left the lake yesterday," she said, leaning against the counter and Pandora jumped up, begging to be petted to which Lacey happily obliged.

"Oh yeah, sorry. I came home, ordered pizza, watched a movie, and passed out on the couch. Thanks to that, I woke up late and am now going to be late to pick up dad at the airport," I opened the refrigerator and pulled out two bottles of Naked juice,  handing one to Lacey and taking a drink of the other one.

"He doesn't land for another hour and a half Raven. You're overreacting," she said calmly.

"That's how long it's going to take me to get to LAX and get through all the people I have to look through to find him. He's not covered in tattoos and has a bunch of other people with him at all times like the guys," I said. "He tours with Jeff Dunham Lacey."

"I know, but I still think you're ove-" she was cut off the dryer dinging.

"Yes! I'll be right back," I said as I ran over to the dryer, grabbed the clothes I needed for the day, and ran into my room. I stripped out of my pajamas, pulled on a pair of high waisted jeans, a dark blue shirt with white accents and buttons, and pulled a pair of black heels out of my closet. I was not putting those on until it was time to leave because heels hurt my feet.

"You can come in now," I said as I opened the door and went into the bathroom. Lacey soon walked in and sat on the edge of the bathtub.

"I love how you get dressed up for your dad," she said, smiling at me in the mirror.

"If it makes him happy I'll do just about anything," I pulled out the curling iron and plugged it in, then brushed out my hair.

"That's good. Now if only you could find a boyfriend to do that for," she said, mumbling the last bit. I just rolled my eyes and pulled out a bunch of bobby pins and hairspray. "You doing what Izzy taught you?"

"Yup," I said and picked up the curling iron after it was hot enough. I've been into old cars, but when I met Izzy she taught me "the way of being rockabilly", as she likes to call it, and she bought me all kinds of vintage style clothing and taught me how to do the hairstyles.

"You always look so pretty when you dress like this. It's a nice change every once in a while," she said.

"Well, maybe I'll do it more often. Izzy has been bugging me about it," I curled the front of my hair up into victory rolls and kept them in place with a lot of bobby pins, then curled the rest of my hair loosely and used a lot of hairspray because my hair can't hold a curl to save my life, unlike Lacey and the other girls.

"Damn, use the whole bottle why don't you?" she coughed.

"Sorry," I smirked and walked out of the bathroom, her at my heels. I sat on the bed and slipped on the shoes, buckling the strap and standing up. I grabbed my phone, wallet, and keys.