The Bet

It had been just over a month since your first kiss with Hermione. Life was going pretty great. You were doing well in school and you were dating the most amazing girl you'd ever met. Well, maybe not dating. You didn't actually know if the two of you were a thing or not. You hadn't been on a date yet because you were too scared to ask her about where you stood.

It was the last football game before Christmas break. There was one week to go before you, Hermione and the rest of your friends were all going to go to Alex's place for Christmas and then yours for New Years.
       You were in the changing rooms, pep talking to the rest of the team when you heard a knock on the door. You turned around as Hermione slowly walked towards you. "You seriously missed me so much you had to come and see me now?" You joked. She rolled her eyes and smiled. "I just came to wish you good luck." She said quietly. "Thanks but no thanks. I don't need luck." You said with a big smile on your face. "Don't get too cocky miss Y/L/N, I wouldn't be so sure about that." She said as her smile dropped a little. "What are you talking about?" You asked her curiously. "Kenzie went to check out the competition earlier today. Turns out these guys have won this league and the A league five times each." She said. The rest of the team gasped, "I don't think you'll last the entire game out there. You've been benched most games because of your little coma thing." She teased. "Nice confidence booster Mione, thanks for that. I think I can handle myself." You replied. She raised her right eyebrow slightly, "wanna bet?"

       You looked at her, impressed that she wanted to bet on your athleticism. "Mmm, ok, what did you have in mind?" You asked. She grabbed your hand and pulled you into the empty changing rooms next door. "If you win this game, I owe you dinner." You looked at her, shocked. "A-and if I don't?" You asked her nervously. She looked at you with her arms crossed, "if you don't, then not only will you have to put up with my 'I told you so' all the time.... you also have to take me out." She said, pulling your collar towards her, inches away from her. She looked at you shyly, taking quick glances at your lips. You smirked, "oh, you've got yourself a deal." You leaned in for a kiss but she pushed you away and smiled, "nice try."  Her right index finger touched your nose gently as she winked and walked off. You stood there, dumbfounded, trying to make sense of what happened. Hermione Granger. You thought, lowly chuckling.