The Dance

Friday 15th June had finally come. You had already finished getting ready and was waiting for Hermione to come downstairs from your room. You, Alex and Justin were waiting on the sofa patiently. "Mione, you ready?" You shouted from the bottom of the stairs. "A-almost. Just don't come in!" She shouted back. You sat back down in between Justin and Alex.
             You heard a door open. You looked away from your phone, watching as Hermione walked down the stairs. The three of you stood up from the sofa, mesmerized by her beauty. You walked over to her, giving her a hug, "You look amazing, Y/N/N" She said. "Me?! Look at you, so stunning." You exclaimed. You both laughed and pulled away from the hug. Justin held his hand out, Hermione placing hers on top. He gently kissed it, making her blush. You felt like you were going to vomit. "Group selfie!" Alex called out. You all posed, making the silliest faces you could think of. "Oh, Mione, me and you." You said pulling your phone out. You both posed, taking way too many selfies. "Ok, let's go. Everyone ready?" Alex said. He had hired a personal limo driver for the dance. You all agreed before leaving the house and getting into the stretched vehicle.

You sat in the moving car, thinking quietly. Your mind kept jumping back to when you and Hermione were in her room and she had asked you about liking girls. Maybe that's the reason she's been acting differently. The car came to a stop, killing you train of thought. Alex got out of the limo on one side, Justin the other. They both held the doors out for you and Hermione, treating the two of you like queens.

The four of you entered the unrecognisable hall, due to the amazing decorations. You all walked over to Kenzie, Katie and Preethi. They were with their dates as well. They ran over to you, squeezing you hard. "Oh my goodness, Queen Y/N is moving. Personally, I think you looked better asleep in the bed, but hey we can't all get our way." Kenzie teased. You gasped in a playful manner hitting her on the shoulder. "It's good to have you back Y/N/N." Katie said thoughtfully. You smiled at her, "it's good to be back, feels like I haven't been here in years."

8:30 pm
Everyone was out on the dance floor, jamming away to the music being played. You had been dancing with Kenzie and Preethi, because Alex was talking to his crush. He would look over at you every now and then to make sure you were okay, but every time, you nodded and held your thumbs up, encouraging him.

10:00 pm
The final song of the dance was being played, it being the slow one. You were sitting at one of the tables watching Hermione being swept off her feet by Justin as they made their way to the floor. You gulped your drink down. Alex came over to you. "Hey, why so glum, chum?" He asked. He was looking for a light note but he could tell you weren't in the mood. He bent down, trying to follow where your eyes were looking. He looked at Hermione and then at you before standing tall. He cleared his throat and held his hand out in front of you. You put your drink down and looked at him unimpressed. "Oh come on, you think I'm not going to let you dance with me? I am your date after all, friends or no friends. You gave up sulking and held his hand as he dragged you to the dance floor.

You danced together slowly, your head on Alex's shoulder. However your mind was somewhere else, staring at the floor. "Wishing you were doing this with someone else?" He asked. You turned your head, now staring at his neck, "So badly." You said in pain. "Don't worry, I know how you feel. But let's not let our heartbreaks get in the way of having a good time, hm?" He said, placing a small kiss on your head. You lifted your head and looked into his eyes, "Yeah, your right." You said before placing yourself on his shoulder, unaware that Hermione was watching you the whole time. Her eyes filled with tears as she the interaction between you and Alex. She pulled herself away from Justin, "Excuse me" She said running out of the hall. You however hadn't realised because of the amazing time you were having with Alex. Your dance with him was slowly finishing as the song came to an end. "Thank you Ally, I really needed this." You said to him gratefully.
"Anything for my Y/N/N." He said hugging you.

As you and Alex were about to leave, you felt a hand tugging on your arm. "Oh, Hey Justin. What's up?"
"I was wondering if you knew where Hermione was?"
"Uhm, I thought she was with you.."
"No she left during the slow dance. She looked pretty upset so I didn't follow her."
"Do you know where she went?"
"Not really. She must've gone back to her place, the rest of the school is off-limits."