N I N E

The next moment, he came closer as his veiny hand rested on the bookshelf and slowly, he started to cage me. I remained motionless but deep inside, I was in shock.

I lowered my lashes as he was just a few inches away from mine. His robust chest flashed through the white shirt and the intimacy made me flinch and shut my eyes.

"Ara," he whispered. I instinctively lifted my head the moment I heard him take my name. He lowered to my height as his eyes never left mine.

All I had in mind were the cruel words he said, his threatening statements of spoiling my life made me dislike him but right now, his usually icy eyes glanced over a hint of charm.

He looked no different from any other day, cold as usual, maybe it was my imagination but there was an inexpressible warmth emanating from him at this moment.

"He spoilt my life, I hate him," I tried convincing myself but I zoned out for a bit and didn't react as he kept looking into my eyes.

It feels like I'm no longer sure what this man is up to because I thought he would treat me badly but he isn't.

There was utmost silence as the library was about to close since it was late and we stood at the last section where barely people came.

His brows tightened even more intensely as my thoughts made me grow more confused.

His face was slowly getting closer to my body.

"Why didn't you come to meet me? I was waiting in the parking area," he murmured getting closer to my ear as I shut my eyes tight.

I gulped as his slender finger trailed the strap of my dress.

"I had to meet my friend," I answered hesitantly as his touch sent shivers and I kept my eyes shut. I could feel his breath hitting my neck as his eyes roamed all over my body.

"Did you wear this dress to the office today?" He asked lining the strap of the dress as his fingers were tracing my skin.

"Mrs Lee had limited options," I whispered. His lips curled up as his eyes scanned my uneasiness.

"You don't look formal," he said as I lowered my lashes getting lost in thoughts.

"But, beautiful," he said in a low voice making me look into his eyes instantly. His hands travelled from the straps to my neck region pushing my hair at the back.

He was making me anxious but at the same time, I could feel the heat growing as my cheeks were burning.

The more I thought about our closeness, the more nervous I got.

Thinking about him, hearing his voice made me subconsciously clutch my clothes as I tried to calm myself.

He then placed his index finger on my chin which made our gazes collide. He gripped on it as his thumb caressed my cheek.

I felt too small in front of his tall frame. He licked his lip, his eyes never left mine and my heart raced so fast like it would jump out of my mouth any moment.

He fell in a daze, for a while he didn't move but stared into my eyes deeply and asked, "Did to sign the contract?"

"Miss Ara has to submit herself completely to Mister Park Jimin."
The sentence kept reciting in my head as I placed my hand on his chest to maintain some distance between us.

"I have some doubts about it," I said pausing at every word that escaped my mouth.

He smirked as he bent to my height, raising his eyebrow he asked, "You're nervous, aren't you?"