T W E L V E

He didn't come back the whole night nor did I wait because I knew that even if I try to talk to him, I wouldn't get answers to the questions I have.

My mind was racing with wild thoughts, but in the end, I fell asleep in a daze replaying all the moments that took place this week.

I'm married now, it doesn't feel like though but that doesn't change the truth. He has given me a contract that I didn't sign because our conversation always ended up in ways I never expected them to. He didn't get to complete what he wanted me to do via that contract is in between us.

I woke up tossing the duvet to the other side and lazily walked around stretching myself.

"Her mom was a whore, I hope you know that," I heard a woman's voice in the hall.

Jimin immediately murmured something which made the woman slow down.

I peeked through the window finding Mrs Park standing near the entrance, she looked furious.

"That girl isn't someone you should be with son. Move her out from here, I'll get you the best lawyer, get a divorce and have a better life despite being with her," she yelled.

By now I understood, I was the girl she was talking about.

Jimin doesn't have any feelings for me. There was just endless sadness and overthinking that clouded my mind.

The way they disrespect my mother kills me but I don't have any other choice then just staying here to save the only family I have, my Dad.

"Jimin, get this clear that punishing yourself and staying with that woman is going to give you nothing, you aren't responsible," she paused making me fall into deep thought.

He said that he didn't want to hurt me, he thinks he's responsible for something that I don't know about but that is related to me.

Things were getting more complicated and I am clueless. He forced me to marry him, he was hurtful to me in front of my family but behaves oppositely when we are alone.

I did conclude that he acted in a bipolar way but it might have a reason.

"She has that woman's blood in her veins who was a pain to the Kim's. She is a burden everyone wanted to get away with, why would you take it on yourself. Let her be just the way she was," she said stressing on my mom's character.

I didn't step out of my room but could listen to their conversation.

"Please watch your mouth, the woman you are talking about is my wife. Besides, I have my ways to deal with things in my life, I don't need your guidance," he said as his tone frosted over.

I couldn't believe he spoke to his mother in that tone.

"But son---," he didn't let her complete but continued, "I hope you remember how loyal you should be to my father," he said.

"Regarding my life, I can take care of it, stepmom," he said emphasizing the last two words.

"Stepmom," a faint sound escaped my lips as my eyes widened hearing it.

Her chest began to heave as she looked at Jimin with fury. She then muttered something again but he ignored it and later on, responded to it rudely. She left the house with a bang on the door which made me flinch.

I stood at the corner watching Jimin. I thought it was just me who went through the pain of not having a family but he looked sad the moment his mom left.

His clothes were drenched, he has a drunken red tint on his cheeks, he didn't look well. His feet were trembling, I wanted to hold him but I stopped myself.

Dragging himself from the hall to his room, he shut the door.

"Why was he drenched? Where was he all night?" I thought.

I got back to the room and had a shower, dressing up in a formal shirt and a short skirt and then, I was ready to leave.

Jimin didn't unlock his room, I didn't mind much and took off.

The entire time when I was travelling, my mind kept flashing back to the moments where he was trying to be good to me.

I thought he'd make my life hell but, he didn't. He didn't even touch me, didn't say anything cruel despite it feels like he cares about me.

I wanted to get things clear, everything was haphazard.

I went to my desk, had a cup of coffee and started with my work. The office seemed a little disturbed since Mr Min had to coordinate everything today.

"Vice-chairman isn't here, I guess he's on a leave," one of the staff members murmured. I knew he was at home, resting.

I saw Mr Min struggling with my colleagues and a few minutes later, an assistant informed me that Mr Min wanted to meet me.

"May I come in?" I asked knocking on the glass door.

Yoongi sir had his index finger resting on his forehead, he looked worried.

"Ara, please get in," he said as he stood up from his chair.

"Is there a problem?" I asked as he sighed in agreement.

"Whatever it is, I'll take care of it. You should go home right now," he said in a demanding tone taking the file in my hand away from me.

"Yoongi sir, I haven't finished my work yet," I said showing him the incomplete file.

"I will take care of it and for now, go home," he said and got busy in one of his phone calls.

He ordered me to leave and since he's my boss, I didn't argue. I packed my stuff and took a cab to leave for home.

The minute I reached, Mrs Lee looked tensed. Usually, she wouldn't stay this long, she would just clean up the place, do the dishes and whatever needed and leave in the morning itself but it was afternoon and she was still here.

I got inside keeping my shoes on the rack.

"Mrs Park, Jimin isn't in a good condition. He wouldn't let me help him in fact, he didn't let me enter his room," she said and paused for a while.

"But, I don't have to worry about him anymore," she said smiling and tidied the place leaving in a few minutes.

I gulped taking slow steps towards his room and pushed the door open.

"Jimin," I called out slowly getting inside the room.

He was on his bed, still dressed in those damp clothes, his face looked pale as his hair covered his forehead.

I always had the image of Jimin being arrogant and tough. I wanted to punch on his face the day he forcefully married me but today, when I did have a chance, I didn't want to.

I went next to him and sat beside him. Slowly caressing his hair, I realized, he had a high fever.

----------

A/N:-

What do you think is happening?
Do you have any idea about their past?

Please share your views and do vote❤💫💜

Until then, take care
-xoxo xoxo