F I F T Y - S I X

As I drove the car, I realised how sad our reality was. I blamed him for spoiling my family relations when all he did was love me, protect me. From the time he forcefully married me to the time we are going to be parents, I never thought Jimin would have undergone such extreme stages in his life without me.

As I reached the old building which wasn't well lit, it bought back all my childhood memories.

After mom died, I never came here.

I gulped, walking towards the stairs I finally reach my house on the first floor.

The entire building was a mess yet the house which I stayed in was dim-lit, things were in place, didn't look as bad as I thought it would.

I remember playing hide and seek with my mother, a faint smile appeared on my face.  

"Jimin?" I called out striding forward only to find him slouched on the floor, his clothes crumpled and in a mess, several empty beer bottles surrounding him.

In his other hand, he had yet another bottle of beer, his face tight with agony yet his eyes had a sorrowful expression.

I ran over and kneeled on the floor snatching the bottle away. At this point, Jimin was dead drunk.

I pulled him on the old couch with much difficulty and pulled out a wet tissue from my purse.

Looking at him, my eyes dimmed instantly clouding with sorrow and pain.

"Am I dreaming again?" He said in his deep voice as he rested his head on my shoulder.

I wiped his face gently.

"What are you doing here?" I whispered to him.

"I wish I wouldn't leave aunty alone, everything would be peaceful. You'd have your mum and we would be together but happier," he said.

"Jimin, we are happy. It's the past, you need to let it go and accept that we're together. We are going to be family now," I said, hinting at him about my pregnancy.

"Ara, I know I've made mistakes. I hid your mother and my conversation from you but that was only to not make you feel anything wrong about my love for you."

"You were my only love, Ara. It's always been you," he said with a heavy voice.

He pressed his head on my chest and hugged me tightly, wrapping his arms around me.

Tears begin to flow from my eyes as I saw Jimin in such a vulnerable state.

He stayed silent, hugging me like a baby for a long time.

I brushed my fingers through his fluffy hair. He had his eyes closed.

"Jimin, let's go home," I said but his grasp tightened on me.

"Ara, I love you. Don't leave me," he whispered.

He turned his eyes to reveal a creeping hint of sadness and pain.

Was he so afraid to lose me?

I kissed his head as he held me close to him and thanked God that he made me meet, fall in love and have a family with a man like Jimin.

A few more minutes he stayed and finally woke up, trying his best to be fine and be able to walk on his own.

He had one arm around me as I supported him to walk.

"I promised that I would take care of you and look at me, being all dependant on you," he said, chuckling.

"So what? Do you think I can't handle you?" I said as I knew he was now, better than before. He was gaining his strength back but still pretending to be weak.

"Hey, I need to tell you something," I said.

"What is it?"

"Maybe, we should talk about this while we have dinner as we reach home?" I asked, looking up to him as he nodded.

"Will you make Kimchi Jjigae?" He asked, acting cute.

"Sure. It's 2 am and you want me to spend another hour making it for you? When are we supposed to sleep?" I asked, jokingly.

As we came down the stairs, I looked at the old building.

"Why didn't you let this place go under renovation?" I asked him.

"I want to build a house here, a beautiful home for us. I'll design and rebuild this on my own," he said and pulled me into his embrace.

"And then, we can have a kid as well," I said, trying to get a reaction.

"Just one? I need more of them!" He said making me chuckle.

At least now I know, he wouldn't act strange or feel too uncomfortable about becoming a father.

I was about to head towards the car and asked Jimin to follow me when I heard someone heading a car straight towards me at a top speed.

The headlights blurred my vision as I stayed still at one place, covering my eyes from the light.

The car was about to hit me when Jimin quickly pulled me towards himself and the car crashed with Mrs Bakes's blue Ford.

I panicked.

I looked at Jimin who held me close to him but his eyes were on the person who came out of the car.

"After ruining my life, you think you'd live in peace?"

I heard a tall person speak to Jimin, pointing a gun at him. He sounded familiar.

As I managed to get up from the ground, feeling weak, Jimin went towards the man to fight with him but the man with a black hoodie hit him on his face making Jimin fall back.

Jimin was drunk, he wasn't in his senses.

"Who are you? Please let us go," I said as I ran towards Jimin.

As the faint street light shined on the man's face, I recognised him.

It was Scott.

I had Jimin's head on my lap, the corner of his lip was bleeding, his eyes were half-shut as I was asking him to wake up.

Scott pointed the gun towards Jimin.

"Scott, he's not at his perfect self. Please don't hurt us," I pleaded.

"I have nothing to do with you Ara," he said and ruthlessly held my arm and strode me away from Jimin.

"Please Scott, what you're doing is wrong," I begged.

Jimin somehow managed to stand on his feet, his eyes were red.

Scott held my arm tight while Jimin stood in front of me with his mouth bleeding.

I was crying, endlessly and begging Scott, praying that everything would be alright.

"No sweetheart, I can't let him live. He deserves to die. He charged cases about me that wasn't even my fault and now, I have to be in jail for my entire life."

A wicked smile spread across his face as he shoved me away, making me tremble to the ground. My knees were hurt, I had cuts all over due to the concrete.

"Why not be a murderer, get my revenge and stay in jail for my whole life. Sounds better, right?" He said as Jimin was approaching him, was about to punch him but I knew Scott would pull the trigger.

I felt weak, as he pushed me, my head started to bleed but with all my force, I stood up and as he pulled the trigger, I pushed Jimin from his sight as he fell to the floor, alive.

I smiled.

"Jimin, you're safe," I whispered, barely audible and was about to run towards him but somehow, my body felt shaky.

Everything turned dark as all I remember was Jimin running towards me while I blacked out.

------------

A/N:
Let's see what happens next!