T W E N T Y - E I G H T

"You want to work here part-time again?" Mrs Bakes asked.

"Are you not being able to satisfy your boss/husband?" She asked chuckling.

"I made mistakes and I need to get trained before being his assistant, so he gave me some days off and I want to work here," I said as she passed on a warm smile.

"You're always welcomed Ara, you don't have to ask," she said.

"And how's your married life?" She asked making me think about the romantic day before.

"It's nothing special, it's just a contract marriage," I said preventing the topic.

"So you want me to believe that you and Jimin are only staying together, that's all?" Mrs Bakes mocked.

"The day I met him, he introduced himself as your husband," she said pulling a chair to sit opposite to me.

"The way he was looking at you was...," She paused falling into a daze.

"Different," she said making me flush. I lowered my lashes getting my head back in the book kept in front of me.

"Are you blushing?" She asked making me smile. I tried my best to hide but failed brutally.

"So I guess, y'all did it as well?" She said joining her hands in excitement.

I raised my gaze to look at her.

"Oh, stop acting so clueless, I meant sex," she said making me press my lips together trying not to make it obvious.

"Oh, no, I mean-," I shuttered trying my best to cover but she interrupted saying, "You can lie but those hickeys won't," she said pointing out to my neck.

I quickly closed the top button of my shirt.

"I bet things are getting interesting," she said shaking her head.

I ended up giggling as she already came to know a lot of things that I didn't even plan to share.

"You never make me feel like I don't have my mother," I said. She quickly got up from her chair and stood behind mine and hugged me.

"I just have an everlasting memory of my mother coming back home, I don't know whether she would drink a lot or was she sick but she'd end up vomiting and eventually fainting in the bathroom. Dad said she was a drug addict which led her to suicide," I shared as Mrs Bakes wrapped her arms tighter around me.

"I got teased by my classmates, they called my mother a mistress. Those days of immature teasing at times were the deadliest. Jia didn't back off either," I said as tears pooled in my eyes.

"I started to dislike being her daughter, I had no friends and slowly, I started to give up and do things all alone and with time, it became a habit of me sitting alone during lunch breaks, being my only company," I said.

"I don't remember much, Dad made me hate her saying that she was selfish, didn't think about me before committing suicide but somedays, I wish I had her with me," I said as a tear rolled down my cheek.

"Honey, I'm always here for you. Please know that," she said as I stood up to hug her.

After a while, I pulled away and went to clean the shelves putting some of the books back in their places.

"The last shelf will always be yours, I never touched or replaced anything from there," she said in a teasing manner.

I chuckled and turned around with a few books in my hand.

"Though I don't think you need to read those sex-related books anymore, you're enjoying Jimin, aren't you?" She asked chuckling.

I didn't turn to face her but just grinned shyly vanishing from her sight as she was making me think about Jimin a little too much.

I started to clean the shelves putting back the books that were lying on the desks.

-

A few hours later, I got a call.

"Hey, where are you?" Jungkook asked in excitement.

I didn't respond as I was thinking of a way to say no to the training. I wanted Jimin to instruct me, to get close to me though I didn't want Jungkook to feel bad about anything.

"Since there's a new assistant for Jimin, I thought you would be free and we could start with your training," he said.

A new assistant?

He didn't tell me anything about this.

"That's so sweet that you care for my training so much. Could you tell me who the new assistant is?" I asked.

"That's Jia, it'll be so much fun since she's your sister and all of us can work together," he said.

I paused falling into a daze.

Why would Jimin call Jia to work with him again? He said, he had no interest in her and suddenly, she becomes his assistant.

Emotions flooded into my eyes.

Did he have feelings for Jia and if not, why would he choose her?

"Ara, are you there?" Jungkook asked.

"Yeah," I said trying my best to control my voice from cracking.

"Kookie, I'm a little busy, I'll call you back," I said hanging up.

I might be overthinking but I wanted to know why would he select Jia to work for him again. Yoongi sir would know about all this.

I cleaned the shelf and pulled off the apron tied around my neck and gave it to Mrs Bakes.

"Are you going somewhere?" She asked but I didn't reply still gazing at the floor with my mind filled with thoughts.

"Hey, is everything okay?" She asked cupping my face as she could see my unhappy expression.

"I need to see Jimin, I'll be back Mrs Bakes," I said.

"Sure," she replied with a small smile.

----------

A/N:-
Who doesn't love drama, come on!

I've uploaded a trailer for this book!

Check it out, it's on the "meet the characters" chapter!❤️✨💜