F O R T Y - E I G H T

"Do I look okay?" I asked as Jimin was busy fixing his tie.

I had applied light makeup, deliberately choosing a maroon coloured long dress, the colour that he likes for his Dad's birthday party and kept my hair falling to my waist.

As he laid his eyes on me, he checked me out for a few long minutes but didn't reply.

"Should I change?" I asked, feeling nervous as his eyes were just roaming all over me.

He marched towards me, his eyes piercing into mine and holding my waist, he pulled me onto his robust chest.

As he held me close to him, near my ear he whispered in his deep voice, "If you wear this, I'd like romance instead of going to the party."

A chill ran down my spine as I gulped.

He gently bit on my ear lobe making me feel butterflies and smirked.

"I'm wearing this," I replied and escaped from his grip as he smirked licking his lip.

"All these years, I hid my feelings well but now, I don't think I have much restraint when it comes to you," he said, as his eyes grew darker.

He held my waist and pulled me close to him, placing a kiss on my forehead which made me smile.

"I still can't believe that you were faking the entire wedding, I thought you would destroy my life and-," I was cut as he pressed his lips against mine.

Tilting his head he deepened the kiss grabbing me tighter.

It was so instant, I didn't realise when I started to kiss him back.

As we felt breathless, we pulled apart. His thumb still lining my lower lip.

"I did fake it but I'm happy I did. This was all my plan," he said.

"I'm happy to be with you and at that time, things were complicated and therefore, I had to marry you in a way you didn't think you would have your marriage. I'm sorry I spoilt the dream of marriage for you," he said lowering his gaze.

"You didn't. You made my life a lot better than what it was," I said and wrapped my arms around his neck hugging him.

He grabbed my waist pulling me into his embrace.

For a few minutes, we stayed there, embracing each other.

"Jimin, we'll be late. Let's go," I said making him remember about the party.

He was dressed in a dark blue suit, his hair perfectly set and he had a serious look on his face that made him look even more handsome.

-

As we entered Park's mansion together, there were a lot of guests around.

It felt like I was a princess as Jimin was holding my waist, his house looked more like a castle with all the expensive paintings and showcases around.

"Your house is beautiful," I whispered.

"It's my dad's. My house is where you stay and that's better than everything," he said looking right into my eyes making me blush.

I had the beautiful glass bowl in my hand which had the homemade chocolate that I got for his father. I had decorated the bowl with pearl beads and tied a ribbon which made it look cute.

"I hope your father likes the gift," I said looking at Jimin. Jimin was about to say something when his mother interrupted.