Hibiyuki/Yuki Maeda x Hibiki Otonokoji

The afternoon was sunny and the sky was clear, and Yuki was spending some of his afternoon at the third island's casino. He wasn't planning on gambling with his crow cards, but he wanted to try out the karaoke machine in the corner. He had been told that there were a lot of songs on the machine, so he was enthusiastic to try while Shinji had let him go for the meantime.

While Yuki was singing 'I Don't Need Your Love' inside, Hibiki was passing outside and heard the music. Kanade wasn't with her because she had gone to bother Syobai in some way, which meant that her sister wasn't there to stop her from spying on whoever was singing inside.

When she saw that it was Yuki singing inside, she was surprised and impressed. For all the lucky student's talk of being absolutely normal and lesser than his classmates, he was surprisingly good at singing. Her eyes lit up, thinking that she could even recruit him to be a backup singer for Melody Rhythm.

But to do that, she'd need to try and give him some singing lessons. And in order to do THAT, she'd need to keep listening to him and hear how good he is so far. Staying as silent as she could, she leaned closer to the sound while still staying out of sight.

A couple minutes later, Yuki had finished his song and was about to choose another when he heard a shrill scream outside. He ran outside and saw Hibiki catching her breath against the wall of the casino while Utsuro stood nearby, his face as emotionless as ever.

"I saw her spying on you, so I came up behind her and asked what she was doing." He explained. He looked over at Hibiki, then back to Yuki. "I'll leave the rest of this to you." Utsuro spoke before walking away.

Yuki looked over at Hibiki. "Wait, why were you spying on me?" He asked.

The vocalist stood back up with a chipper smile. "I heard you from out here! Why didn't you tell us that you had a good singing voice, Yuyu?" She asked with a giggle. "I simply couldn't ignore it and had to listen in!"

"Th-That's kind of weird, isn't it?" Yuki stammered, his face turning red. "I-I'm not that good of a singer, a-and I'm not good with big audiences. I was just interested in the karaoke machine I was told is here."

"Aw, and I was planning on recruiting you as  backup singer too." Hibiki whined, then perked up right away. "Well, if you want, I can give you some tutoring with singing! With some practice, you could become an amazing singer!"

"T-Tutoring? Well, I guess-" Yuki didn't get to finish his sentence before the smaller girl grabbed his hand and immediately began to pull him in the direction of the Monocruise.

"Great, let's go!" The vocalist exclaimed, hyper and ready to tutor.

A few minutes later, they had gotten back to the Monocruise and had gone to Yoruko for some tea before entering Hibiki's room. Since she had Kanade around her room a lot, some of the guitarist's things were littered across the room.

Hibiki nearly stumbled on one of her shoes and grumbled. "If I trip over one more of your shoes, I'm throwing them all away." The vocalist sighed.

"Wait, but isn't that your shoe?" Yuki questioned.

"No, we have the initial of our first name on the inside of them, see?" Hibiki held up the shoe, showing him the 'K' written in sharpie on the sole. "That way, we'll never mix up our shoes! Trust me, we have the same foot size, so only one of us needs to go shoe shopping with our parents!"

"Oh, I see. It must be pretty convenient to be twins, huh?" The lucky student chuckled. "Though, I guess that doesn't really apply to the rest of your clothes. You're a lot skinner than Kanade, so you probably need smaller clothes."

"Ugh, tell me about it! Going back-to-school shopping is a nightmare! We have to find clothes on two different sizes while trying to keep our identities hidden to avoid paparazzi!" The vocalist huffed. "Well, Hope's Peak Academy is supposed to have a store, right? And besides, Monocrow has a bunch of clothes in our size that we can wear without paparazzi around...well, Kei doesn't count."

"Even if we don't know why we're here, at least Monocrow is generous enough to provide living accommodations. And Mikado can cook too, so even the celebrities of our group can have some time off!" Yuki agreed.

"Wait a second, we're getting sidetracked. I'm supposed to be giving you singing lessons." Hibiki reminded both Yuki and herself. "Well, let's go grab my radio, and we can sing 'I Need a Hero' to warm up our voices a little bit!"