Mikasai/Shinji Kasai x Mikado Sannoji

It wasn't often that Shinji went to the Kurokawa Shrine, but every month since he had arrived on the island, he went there to pray for a good scavenging to fulfill Monocrow's projects for that month, and also for the class's happiness.

Today, Shinji arrived at the shrine with a coin whittled out of wood, just as he did every month. He walked up to the shrine and in front of the offering box. As per Japanese tradition, Shinji threw the coin into the offering box, bowed deeply twice, and clapped his hands twice.

He then began to pray quietly for the same thing he always did: for their scavenging to bring lots of resources and for the class to be happy together on this island. After he finished his prayers, he bowed deeply one more time and stepped away from the shrine. Shinji let out a deep breath and nodded with a smile, satisfied with his prayers.

"Spare change for the poor and lonely." A voice suddenly spoke, spooking Shinji as he searched around for the source of the voice.

When he found that is was only Mikado leaning against the side of the shrine, he let out a chuckle. "Not a chance, Mikado." He replied, and the wizard came out of hiding and began walking to him.

"Well, at least I tried." Mikado shrugged as his mask smiled. "I was simply curious as to why you disappeared on the same day each month, so I followed you here. No harm in that, right?"

"Well, that's a little stalker-y, you know." Shinji sighed, knowing that the wizard was never going to change anyway. "Well, now you know what I do every month. What now?"

Mikado paused, his mask turning to a neutral expression. "Hm, I didn't think that far. Maybe we can make use of our free time and go somewhere together?" He suggested.

Shinji shrugged, not expecting that proposal but not against it at all. "Alright, do you have something in mind? If not, I guess we can always walk around."

"As long as we don't walk near the Tower of Babel. I don't really do well with the cold." The wizard admitted. "Then, how about the third island? It's nice and warm there, and there's lots to do!"

"Haha, sure. I don't do well on the fourth island in general either." Shinji agreed, and began walking in the direction of Satsuki Land with an excited wizard bouncing around his heels. He compared Mikado's enthusiasm to an excited puppy going for a walk outside.

When they arrived at Satsuki Land, the wizard dragged the the firefighter to Department A, where all of the gentle rides and thrills were. "Hm, how about we ride the carousel? No one else is around, we can out it on a higher speed!" Mikado suggested.

"Er... Last time I got on it, I accidentally broke it because I was too heavy..." The taller boy admitted with a chuckle. "How about the ghost house? If you get too scared, I can always carry you."

"Ah, that won't do. I tend to lean towards fight rather than flight, I only found that out when Mr. Yomiuri jumped out at me in there..." Mikado slowly began to explain with a sigh. "I ended up singeing him, and I got stuck on cleaning duty for a weak for a rule violation."

"Heh, getting caught in any of that guy's plans leads to disaster, mostly for him." Shinji joked, and Mikado felt himself automatically nodding without realizing that he was doing so. The wizard stopped himself, and Shinji cleared his throat. "Alright, any other ideas?"

"Hm...the teacup ride, then? We can share a cup!" The wizard chirped, and Shinji was beginning to think of Mikado like an overexcited puppy more and more.

"Well, we can do that, and then we can head to the more thrilling rides afterwards in Department B. How does that sound?" The firefighter suggested. The positive reaction he got from Mikado had him begin walking over to the teacups already.

As Mikado had suggested, they ended up going into one teacup together, but the wizard had to go on the firefighter's lap to avoid being crushed by the latter. Shinji felt Mikado hold onto him tightly and lean into him as the ride started up and began spinning them around.

By the time the ride ended a few minutes later, the boys were very dizzy and stumbled out of the teacup together. "Did you set that to a faster speed than normal...?" Shinji inquired, rubbing his head to ease the dizziness.

"No...not at all..." Mikado pated, holding onto the nearest sign to support himself. "I didn't tamper with anything this time, I've never shared the same teacup with someone on this ride before..."

After their experience with the teacup ride, which was actually made to go faster because Setsuka never bothered to adjust the setting back, the boys decided to just go to Department C next, where the stationary attractions were.