Chapter 12 🍄🦋

Reggie's POV

Song: What a man gotta do- Jonas brothers

Alex and Willie have been gone for a while now so I figured they went on another date. Luke and I finished cleaning up the last bit and went back to the garage. Inside, we hung out. We wrote some lyrics for any new songs we might wanna make, came up with some melodies but we were getting bored. I'm lying with my notebook on the couch while Luke is standing with his guitar, pen in mouth.

"You wanna get some rest? Go to sleep?" Luke asks after he sees me. I let out a loud sigh.

"No, Luke. I don't. I found out we don't have to sleep ever again."

"that's not true, Reg." Luke put his guitar on the stand and sat down next to me. "Just because we don't have to sleep doesn't mean it won't do us any good. You'll still feel rested."

That made me feel better. He always knows what to say! To be honest, I felt horrible after I found out about the sleep thing. It seems to me like I haven't quite processed what my death means and being able to sleep, talk to Julie and also eat, has made me forget that I'm dead. I don't have to eat, I don't have to sleep, Julie is the only human that can talk to us. I'm dead and there's nothing to do now. My life is over.

I look to Luke who was clearly reading my mind.

"We can go weeks without sleep!" He smiles. "Do you know how much time we could have?" I crack a smile too. It is a lot of time.

"We're basically humans, only much cooler."

"Yeah" I smile to him and he picks his guitar back up.

"I got a good feeling about this song. It'll be killer." he says while strumming the chords to our newest (still in progress) song

"I totally agree. I'm just stuck. I don't know what else to write."

"I'm also losing the flow. Wanna take a break?" He suggests. I nod and we make our way outside. The sky is clear so I look up at the stars. I wonder if Alex and Willie are doing the same.

"I can't believe it, I got nothing." We came back inside and Luke had his hands in his hair. "I've never had block this badly!", I agree to his misery.

"Wait a minute...", I say, "I've got an idea."

Luke's POV

Song: Writings on the wall- Sam Smith

We poofed to Julie's room. She was in her bed already sleeping with Flynn on the mattress beside her. It was dark here, I almost can't see anything. I hear Reggie going away, probably to her shelf to take the box decorated with glitter & drawings. After a few seconds he's back by my side and whispers: "I have it, let's go." Then he poofs out. I take one last look at Julie. This is not a good idea... she's gonna get so mad. We shouldn't look inside that box, I gotta stop Reggie. I poof to the garage.

Reggie put the box on the coffee table and he was sitting on the couch. When he sees me he says: "This is not good. Remember how mad she got last time we went through her stuff?" Yes, I do. "Let's bring it back.", I say, although I was really curious if there was anything new inside. "I looked inside.", Reggie admits, "Just for a sec..." "Reggie!", I say in a weird lecturing tone, like Alex sometimes does. Don't like it. Especially because I wanna do the same. I shake my head and sit down in the couch chair. "So...", I clear my throat, "what's in the box?" "I don't know. Just looked for a second. But I saw a song... something with Harmony. It was definitely finished. With lyrics, notes and everything." A finished song... why didn't she show it to us? Aren't we a band? Reggie is obviously thinking the same thing.