Chapter 13 🍄🦋

Alex POV

Song: All I've ever know - Eva Noblezada

Luke poofed away a few minutes ago, I bet he went to his parents' house. We agreed to give him space, let him sort out his feelings. I feel bad for him, I do.

But stealing the dream box and then getting snappy like that isn't fair.

Reggie poofed in. "Okay, it's back in it's place, Julie won't ever know it was missing." I nod. This is going to be fine. If Luke doesn't screw it up. I'm worried that he'll confront Julie about this.

But he knows better, doesn't he?

"Hey, let's try and get some rest.", Willie says, taking care of me. I'm thankful for him caring about my well being. "Yeah, okay." We climb up to the loft to our mattress and lay down. i close my eyes, snuggle up into his chest, but I can't sleep. I've noticed that if I don't know 100% that my friends are alright, I can't fall asleep. So I just lie there.

I don't know what time it is, but I hear Luke poofing back. I stand up and wake Willie. "Hey Luke", I go down and see Reggie laying on the sofa. He just woke up. I think the sun is rising too.

"Hey", Luke had a guilty look on his face. He probably feels bad about acting like he did before.

"Listen, I need to apologize, man", he says sincerely. Willie comes down and sits down next to Reggie, all of us listening to what Luke wants to tell us. "It wasn't alright to go through Julie's private possessions like that." "But you weren't the only one. It's not your fault or anything.", Reggie interrupts Luke. And he is right. "Yeah, but I shouldn't have run off and gotten so snappy. And...", he scratches the back of his head, asking us for permission, "we agree that Julie doesn't have to find out about this, right?" We all nod our heads.

"I won't tell Julie", Willie announced to Lukes relief.

"Me neither", Reggie smiled and assured him, his lips are sealed.

"If I tell Julie, I'm going to get in trouble too, for leaving you two unsupervised.", I joke and agree to keep this incident out of Julies radar.
"Where did you go, anyways?", Reggie asked. Just about when Luke was about to answer, we all hear a voice from the house: "I'm going to the garage with Flynn, dad!" All of our eyes go wide.

"Luke, I know you found out that Julie likes someone else," I warn him, whispering since we heard the door from the house close and Flynn telling Julie about her dream. "But you can't act different because she'll kno-" Luke started slapping my chest, signaling me to shut up. Julie and Flynn stood at the door, Julie with a suspicious look on her face. I would be suspicious too if I came into a room and everyone stared at me, standing straight, like we were.

"What's going on?", Julie asked. "Why?", Flynn whispered. "The guys are acting weird", she said, coming inside, getting closer to me. She knows that I'll be the first to spill, the easiest to break.

Luke and I start stammering for excuses.

"Alex and I kissed last night.", Willie lets out unprompted and amazingly chilled.

"What!", Julie gushed with a smile.

"What?!", Luke rebuked confusedly.

What?! I didn't know we would announce that! My face is so red. Julie and Willie are smiling, so I'll take that as a good sign. Oh god, does this mean we're dating? We've just made this public! The guys know now, so where is this going to go? Julie interrupts my thoughts: "Wasn't that what you were just whispering about with Alex? Why were you surprised Luke?" Julie asked, brows furrowed, getting suspicious again.