Chap 34- Old foes

"Surprise, surprise!" a male voice stunned Swara and Ragini.

Ragini turned around and saw her worst nightmare standing right in front of her.

"Veer!" she spoke, her heart racing in fear," what are you doing here?"

"Just came to pay Menka a visit," he said with an evil smirk on his face.

Veer and Ragini had studied in the same school. They had been partners for the science project in high school. Ragini had been well aware that Veer carried a bad reputation with girls but she had no choice. The partners were decided according to a chit system.

One particular afternoon Ragini was sitting alone in the school library. She wanted to create a great project.

"So here you are sweetheart," said Veer walking straight upto her.

"How many times have I told you to not call me that," said Ragini angrily.

"O come on now," he said sitting down right next to her," we are buddies now, arent we?"

"No!" she said," we are neither friends nor buddies. We are only classmates."

"As you say," he said," so what are we planning today?"

"I believe....." she said controlling her anger," that we should discuss about the ideas we have regarding the project. We can list them down and then decide upon one."

"Ideas?" he said rolling his eyes," I have so many wonderful ideas sweetheart. Why not we go behind that huge bookshelf and make out? It will surely give you so many pleasant memories."

"How dare you!" said Ragini getting up,"I have been tolerating you for so long but now its enough. Get out of my sight, will you!"

The librarian wasnt present at that moment. It was lunch break and the library was pretty much empty.

"No one ever dares to speak to Veer Mathur in that tone," he said with anger in his voice," but you dared sweetheart.......So now lets create one last happy memory....."

Saying so, he grabbed her wrist and dragged her towards the corner. Her head hit the wooden shelf and she winced in pain.

"Leave me," she yelled," let me go!"

"Just one kiss sweetheart, you are free to go then!"

Ragini was now fuming with anger. She picked up a huge oxford dictionary from one of the shelves and hit him on his neck. She then stomped his foot and ran out as fast as she could.

"So sweetheart," said Veer snatching the vase from Ragini's hands," you remember me, dont you? Our kiss is still pending. And see........this time the whole world will get to see it."

"Yes," said Menka," the movie will go on all online sites and..............."

"Shut up!" said Ragini giving her a tight slap.

"How dare you!" yelled Menka and grabbed Ragini by her hair.

"Leave her alone!" yelled Swara feeling helpless as her hands and feet were tied.