Chap 53- Dil se dil ka jud raha hai rishta

"You! You coward! You deceitful person!" Swara stormed into the room and held Madhav by his collar shocking everyone.

"Swara!" said Parwati," what kind of behaviour is this? He is laado's would be husband and........"

"I am sorry," said Swara loosening her grip on Madhav's collar," but I warned him to stay away from Ragini. He has been dating Shorvori for the last six months.......How can he get engaged to Ragini now?"

"I dont want a bengali bride for my son," said Madhav's mother Sumitra,"these bengalis- they each maas, machi! I hate them. Ragini is suitable for Madhav."

IN THE GARDEN

On hearing Veer's name, Ragini felt a bolt of anger rising within her. Lakshya had accused her of wanting to be with Sanskar during their trip. And now... he had again started speaking rubbish to her. She could no longer take it and slapped him real hard.

"You sob like a daily soap bahu and now you behave like a daily soap vamp!" she said glaring at him,"Mr. Lakshya Maheshwari, you better learn to mind your language or else......I shall beat you up black and blue!"

"I am not marrying Madhav for heaven's sake!" she continued," this is my plan to stop Swara's wedding with Anurag. And you idiot.....you fool.....you........"

INSIDE THE HOUSE

"Eating non-veg is a sin according to you kaki maa," said Swara," but cheating on someone isnt?"

"Shorvori's maa and baba already know about their dating," she continued,"and they even address Madhav as jamai babu. You think that cheating on their feelings is justified?"

"I dont care!" yelled Sumitra," I have chosen Ragini as my daughter in law. She is beautiful, well-mannered, talented, belongs to our caste and is from a respectable family."

Shekhar was standing there quietly listening to their conversation. His mind went back to about twenty years ago when a similar scene had happened.

FLASHBACK TWENTY YEARS AGO.

Shekhar and Sharmishtha had completed their training from Bidya's ashram. They both were madly in love with each other. It was their last day at the ashram. Sharmishtha's maa baba had come to take her. Shekhar's parents and grandparents were also there.

"Vandana ji," Sharmishtha's baba came upto Shekhar's dadi maa with folded hands.

"Whats the matter Subodh?" Mrs. Vandana Gadodia spoke with arrogance.

"Mishti has completed her training now," said Subodh," and we feel that its time that she gets married. Bidya ji told us that Mishti and Shekar babu........."

"Parwati!" Vandana roared in anger,"Parwati!"

Parwati who was doing Shekhar's arti dropped the thaal in fear.

"Ji maa saa," she said rushing towards Vandana," do you know that your son has blackened our family name by falling for a fish eating bengali girl?"

Parwati lowered her head in fear. Shekhar had told her about his love for Sharmishtha long ago. She liked Sharmishtha a lot but her mother in law............"

"This alliance will not happen!" Vandana yelled in anger," And Subodh.......your Mishti can put her dreams to rest. My grandson is soon going to be engaged to a girl of my choice."

Sharmishtha looked at the tears flowing down her baba's face and looked at Shekhar hopefully. But he said nothing........He stood there still with his head bowed down.

PRESENT TIME

"Sumitra ji," Shekhar finally spoke,"Shorvori may not be a girl of your caste but she is a girl with a heart. And if her heart is broken, trust me, your son shall never live in peace."

Swara turned around to look at Shekhar. He was backing her up. Just like she had imagined her baba to do.

IN THE GARDEN

It took a moment for Lakshya to realise what had just happened. By the time he was able to comprehend it all, he saw Ragini fuming with anger and advacing towards him with a garden hose in her hand.

"This is what you get for messing with me," she said pointing the hose in his direction and turning the water tap. Water flowed out at full speed and within minutes, Lakshya was completely soaked.

Turning the tap and throwing the hose aside, she turned around to leave when Lakshya said," Ragini.......I love you!"

She froze at her place and her heart skipped a beat. Butterflies were fluttering in her stomach and her cheeks were red with blushing.

"Did I hear him right?" she thought," did he just say that? Is this some kind of a joke?"

"Ragini," he spoke again," I.....I wanted to say this at a better place and at a better time in a romantic manner, but.........But I guess that this is it, coming straight from my heart with no filters."