Chap 19- Manzil se behtar lagne lage hain ye raaste

Finally, the bus started and all the students were on their way to their destination. Swara sat with her eyes closed, enjoying the cool winds. Ragini sat next to her, chanting some mantras as they were passing through a dark forest. Lakshya was smiling to himself lost in his own thoughts.

"Why is he smiling so much," thought Ragini," I hope he is all right."

Sanskar had his earphones on and was busy listening to some music.

Swara read Anurag's text again and shut her eyes in despair. "How will I put up with all this?" she said to herself, "I wish maa wasnt so stubborn about this."

Ragini looked at Lakshya again. He was still smiling looking at his phone.

"What is he so happy about?" she thought," Is he texting someone? Is he dating someone? How come I dont know. I must find out."

"Lakshya," she called out to him.

"Yes," he replied still looking at his phone.

"I have something important to talk to you about. Can I please sit next to you?"

"Okay," he said.

"Sanskar," said Ragini," Can we please exchange our seats?"

"Sure," said Sanskar getting up from his seat.

"So," said Ragini sitting down next to Lakshya," The weather is really nice."

"Yes," said Lakshya unable to understand why she was suddenly talking about the weather.

"Is that what is making you so happy?" she whispered angrily," You are looking extremely stupid smiling all by yourself."

"Smiling?" he said looking puzzled,"I......I didnt realise. Well I..
......I.....I had something on my mind."

"Something or someone?" she said to herself.

"Ragini!" one of her batchmates Arjun called out to her," I am sorry I forgot to compliment you earlier. But you have a beautiful and soothing voice."

"Thank you," replied Ragini.

"Would you mind helping me in preparing a song for my sister's birthday?" Arjun asked her.

"Sure," she said," Why not."

Swara finally deleted the text. She was sick of reading it again and again. Nothing was going to change. Her mother would never understand her feelings and Anurag would never understand her love for music.

She looked out of the window and saw a beautiful deer pass by. Swara had always loved forests and wildlife. The particular forest they were passing through didnt have many animals but the deer was beautiful.

Swara took out her camera and began recording through the open window.

"Whats in this forest to record?" Sanskar asked her.

"I dont know," replied Swara," I find forests very enchanting."

"Whats so enchanting about them?" he asked," Do you expect to see fairies and unicorns somewhere?"

"Are you always this rude?" she said, "Seriously!"

"I am a very logical person," he said defending himself.

"Logical and you?" she said laughing at him.

"Whats so funny?" he asked.

"Arent you the one who believes that vampires exist?" she said.

"What nonsense! I never said that."

"But Ragini told me that you always wear a silver chain and silver bracelet to protect yourself from vampires."