Chap 15- Ek pal mein bikhar jati hain yariyan

"I cant believe this! You said yes." Ragini was talking to Swara on phone.

"Even I cant believe this," replied Swara," I never intended to say yes but Anurag is such a nice person and we get along so well that....................."

There was a brief pause following which Swara said," I am sure about this."

"Dont lie to me Swara," Ragini said to herself," I know something is wrong."

"Well," said Swara," I am really excited for our trip. Have you packed up your stuff yet?"

"Yes," said Ragini," Dadi maa has packed everything for me. Papa has agreed too."

"Great," said Swara,"See you tomorrow morning then."

"I never intended to say yes," said Swara sobbing once she had disconnected the call," But when I saw the helplessness maa had on her face, I.....................I couldnt see her breaking down. She is my strength, my.....my inspiration. I couldnt see her pride getting crushed."

"I am so excited for this trip," Lakshya told Sanskar," I love mountains and I love spending time with my friends. It is going to be a great weekend ahead."

"I doubt," said Sanskar zipping up his bag," I havent made any friends yet."

"O come on now, Ragini is your friend. And I am sure that you will find a great friend in Swara too."

"Sawara?" asked Sanskar," Who is she?"

"Ragini's best friend, my batchmate and Misha's very good friend."

"I see," said Sanskar lying down.

"If only I had a shoulder to cry on," said Swara weeping bitterly. She then turned on the radio to a particular station and tried to heal her heart with some soothing music.

"Our batchmate Divya has her very own radio show," said Lakshya trying to cheer up Sanskar," Would you like to put in a song request?"

"Maybe," said Sanskar getting up as Lakshya tuned into the radio station.

"So tonight's theme is helplessness." Divya had already started the show,"We all get helpless at times. I know how it feels and how much it hurts. So any callers interested in dropping in some experiences."

"Hello, who is this?" asked Divya.

"Sanskar, your new batchmate."

"I see," said Divya," So what would you like to share?"

"Just my thoughts. I have never ever felt helpless in my life. I always listen to my heart and do what I love. A girl broke my heart once but it only gave me the strength to move on. She is my great friend today. I wonder how anyone can ever be helpless................"

"He is being horribly rude," whispered Swara who was in her room, listening to the show.

"So Mr. Sanskar," Divya continued,"What do you have to say to those who sometimes feel helpless?"

"Nothing much. They are just being scared for no apparent reason and............."

"Hold on Mr. Sanskar," Divya interrupted him," We have another caller on the line."

"So our new batchmate feels that feeling helpless is acting stupid?"

"O my God!" said Divya," Swara is that you?"

"Yes," said Swara," You know Sanskar, you may have been lucky enough to have the right to say yes or no as you wished. But everyone does not have that choice. Their pain must be honored and validated."

"Pain is a subjective feeling," said Sanskar," No one can hurt you without your permission."

"Now thats a great saying," said Swara wiping her tears," But when you give them that permission, that state is called helplessness."

"And why would you do that?" Sanskar asked her.

"Prejudice," replied Swara," Because we are biased against our own happiness. Because we have been brought up that way. We have been brought up with a belief system that our tears dont count and our happiness doesnt matter."

"Friends," said Divya interrupting their conversation," I am sure that our listeners are loving your thoughts and ideas, but now its time to play a really nice song. Any suggestions?"

"Yes," replied Sanskar and on his request Divya played the song-

Sawara smiled as she heard the lyrics of the song and promised herself that she would treasure the precious moments from her trip.

( Please do let me know if the link is working)