Chap 22- Ye rishte hain pyar ke

"But how can you be so sure that it wasnt love?" Swara asked Sanskar.

"I am not sure Swara but......Hold on, you are soon to be married, right?"

"Yes," replied Swara.

"How did you know that its love?"

Swara went blank for a moment. She didnt know what to say.

"The world gave me a million reasons not to marry him. He doesnt love music at all, he gets pissed off pretty easily, his mother has a ton of complaints against me.........but I love him. And thats why nothing else matters to me," Swara lied.

"I see," said Sanskar," Thats pretty intense."

"Its no longer raining now," he said,"I guess we can go outdoors now."

"Yes," said Swara getting up," I will go and speak to others."

" While others make me feel it's wrong- I'm writing songs Until I get lost They must be the cost to feeling my thoughts. I want my dreams I see in my head, They want me living theirs instead Sometimes I forget, start seeing theirs Off course I tread. Finally I see, take back the lead Dreams closer to reality I continually fight for the control of me."

Swara was reading the very famous book "Arrested for singing" by Brandi Brereton while Ragini and the other students were getting ready. She just could not come to terms with the idea of quitting music. She loved poetry, she loved writing songs. And music.....it was her first love.

"Swara!" Ragini called out to her," How do these earrings look? Do they match with my dupatta?"

"No," replied Swara," Why dont you try the ones your papa gifted you?"

"Because I dont like them," said Ragini in a grumpy tone.

"But they look really good on you," said Swara," And your papa......"

"Can we please not talk about papa on this trip!" said Ragini," I want some peace of mind."

Sanskar was playing his guitar when Lakshya came to meet him.

"The girls wish to visit the marketplace first," he told Sanskar," We have no other choice. The ground is quite slippery, so trekking isnt a very wise option either."

"I heard that they are planning to visit the candle store and the Buddha temple. I dont feel excited at all."

"O come on now Sanakar, get up and lets get going."

The students went out in small groups with their respective friends. Swara, Ragini, Misha, Sanskar, Lakshya, and a few others went together. Due to the weather, it was a dark and windy afternoon. They soon arrived at the gates of the Buddha temple.

"Lakshya," Ragini said," We cannot take our phones and cameras inside. So both of us can stay here while the others go in first. We will go in when they come back."

"All right," he agreed.

Ragini and Lakshya stayed back with the phones and cameras while the others walked in.

"Did you speak to your mom about it?" Ragini asked Lakshya.

"No," said Lakshya.

"Call her now," Ragini insisted," We must know the real reason."

"She wont tell me," said Lakshya.

"Then I will ask her," said Ragini,"Please give me her number and let me try."

Durga prasad Maheshwari and his wife Annapurna Maheshwari were having their afternoon tea when the phone rang.

"Who could it be, calling at this hour?" wondered Annapurna.

"It must be Lakshya," said Durga prasad," He must have called to share some insights about his trip."

He got up and picked up the receiver.

"Papa," spoke Lakshya," My friend Ragini wants to speak to maa."

"Dont tell me that you bunked your classes again and have got suspended. Last time Sanskar delivered this news to us."

"No papa, thats not the matter. I promise."

"All right then."

"Annapurna!" he called out to her," There is some girl called Ragini, Lakshya's friend, who wishes to speak with you."

"Ragini.........Ragini Gadodia........I believe she was Lakshya's classmate in high school. She is a very humble girl indeed."

Annapurna got up and took the receiver.

"Namaste aunty," came Ragini's soft and melodious voice.

"Namaste beta. How is your trip going? Is everything all right?"

"Its all good aunty. But this morning, Lakshya was crying like a baby because you have asked him to quit college and come back home. You should have seen his face aunty. He was crying and sobbing like a typical daily soap bahu."

"Ragini......" Lakshya whispered angrily.

"I know my decision must have hurt him," Annapurna told Ragini," But.....This durga pooja Lakshya's father will be leaving the country to join Swami ji's ashram in Canada. I will be left all alone. I want Lakshya to come here and take care of the family business."

"But aunty, he cant even take care of himself. In the bus he was shivering so much and even refused to wear the shawl I gave him. I think that instead of Lakshya Sadhna di will manage the business really well."

"Sadhna......." said Annapurna," My daughter..........But she........I asked her the other day and she refused.........."

"I spoke to her today aunty. She told me that she does not want to take away her brother's share of fortune. But when I told her how careless Lakshya is......she realised what a mistake she was going to make."

"O my......why would Sadhna ever think that way. Anyways, thank you so much Ragini. I feel so relieved now."

"From where did you get Didi's number?" Lakshya asked Ragini once she had disconnected the call.

"Misha," said Ragini," She is very helpful."

"And I wasnt weeping like a daily soap bahu," said Lakshya angrily.

"That was just a metaphor," said Ragini.

"A very exaggerated metaphor," he said," But......Thank you......thank you so much."