Chap 2- Suron se saji hai Swara

Sharmishtha Bose was a woman who despite of being a single mother was strong and confident enough to run the household. She was extremely disciplined when it came to her job or household affairs. Deeda's tea was prepared on time and served warm and nice without any sugar.

"Sumi, why dont you relax a bit," spoke Deeda in a concerned tone.

"Maa please. You know its already 7 am and your beloved Swara isnt ready for college yet."

"O come on now," said Deeda in a cheerful tone," Swara and I were watching Baghban last night. Amit ji has always been my favourite."

"Maa," Swara called out from her room,"I cannot find my butterfly clutcher. I dont want to leave my hair open. Our new teacher is pretty strict."

Swara had always loved and enjoyed freedom. Though she was the apple of her mother's eye, she never allowed anyone's expectations to snatch away her freedom from her.

"Come now Swara," said Sharmishtha entering her room," Tie up your hair with a band and come and have your breakfast."

"But maa, that butterfly clutcher is my lucky charm. I have an important music audition today. I dont want to go to college without it."

"My love, if you really need a lucky charm then I have something for you."

Saying so Sharmishtha took off  her gold bangles and gave it to her.

"Deeda gave me these on the day I went for my first job interview. They have been my lucky charm all along."

"Thank you maa," said Swara," Thank you so much."