Chap 69- Making things better

"My God!" said Ragini looking at some pictures and videos of Svalbard on her smartphone," this place is so cold and frozen!"

"Just like my heart," Swara said.

"Oh come on Swara," said Ragini," why are we spoiling our happiness because of them? I spent my entire childhood trying to please papa. But now, I dont care at all. I focus on my life, my happiness and papa, dada ji, dadi maa, they just have to accept that. I think we must let others be the way they want to be. They chose not to trust us. What can we do about it? The best option is moving on."

"You sound like maa," said Swara sounding miffed.

"Your food mam," the young flight attendant greeted them with a lovely smile.

"I am not hungry," Swara said.

"May we both please have vegetarian food with some lemonade," Ragini said.

"Sure mam," the flight attendant served them their meal.

"I am starving," said Ragini taking a bite of her cheese sandwitch.

"Ankur!" she called out to her batchmate," I didnt get any ketchup. Do you have an extra packet in your meal?"

"Ya sure, I do," Ankur said passing her the ketchup.

"Thanks," said Ragini dipping her sandwitch in the ketchup.

As much as Swara was angry and hurt, she didnt want Ragini and Lakshya to split up at any cost. She thought of a plan.

"I am not eating this," she said," Excuse me miss, may I please have that fried fish you serve here."

"Fried fish for you mam," said the flight attendant giving her the packet while Swara returned the vegetarian packet to her.

"Swara!" said Ragini angrily," you know that I cant stand the sight or smell of fish."

"Then move somewhere else," said Swara," I am craving for fried fish."

"You just said that you arent hungry!" Ragini said.

"That was way before the intoxixating aroma of this delicious fried fish bewitched my senses," said Swara in an innocent voice.

Ragini made a disgusted face and wiped her hands on the napkin. She then picked up her plate of food and walked upto Misha's seat.

"Misha," she said," Swara is having fried fish and I cant stand it. Can we please exchange our seats."

Lakshya, who was sitting right in front of Misha heard every single word. Seizing the opportunity, he said," No way! Sanskar too is having that fried fish and I being a vegan will not tolerate the death of an innocent creature! Misha is changing seats with me."

"Shut up drama queen!" Ragini said angrily," You and vegan! I dont believe it. You cant last a week without your kfc chicken wings."

"Enough now!" said Sanskar getting up,"You can sit here Ragini. I will go and sit next to Swara."

"Dont you dare say one mean thing to her," Ragini warned him," If you utter one more nasty word, I will break your bones and throw you out of this flight."

"You have my word for that," said Sanskar.

"Bhai Lakshya," Sanskar whispered in Lakshya's ear," you better apologise to her properly, else you might not see the sunrise of tomorrow."

"Shut up," Lakshya whispered back,"I am already so overwhelmed with guilt. Stop scaring me!"