Chap 13- Chal jati hain jab dil pe aariyan

Sanskar got down from the train at five in the morning. The weather was cool and pleasant. He looked all around him, his eyes searching for his best friend Lakshya.

"Sanskar!" Lakshya called out to him,"How are you bhai? Did you get some sleep in the train?"

"A little," replied Sanskar in a sleepy voice.

"Dont worry. Its your first day in college today and the schedule isnt heavy at all. Its Mrs. Yamini's farewell next week and preparations are going on. And tomorrow, we are leaving for our weekend trip."

"Sounds exhausting," said Sanskar,"I dont like farewells. I hardly saw my friends after our school farewell. And why this trip now?"

"O come on Sanskar. Dont think too much. We are going to have a great time."

"Our shona is looking so pretty today." Deeda was admiring Swara with moist eyes," Very soon she will go away into her new home. My shona........."

"Maa," said Swara looking at her mother hopefully," Have you told them that I cant cook? Have you told them that I havent ever kept any fasts? Anurag told me that his mother is pretty strict and........."

"Dont worry shona," Sharmishtha replied," You will have enough time until your wedding to change everything about yourself."

"Change everything about myself?" Swara said to herself and at that moment she felt a cramp in her stomach and knew that something wasnt right.

"She is not going on that trip maa," Shekhar yelled angrily," She has so much to study and............"

"Laado," said Dadi maa looking at Ragini," I really want you to go on that trip and discover your lost passion for music and life. And Shekhar beta, I have more than enough faith on my beloved grand-daughter. So you dare not utter another word."

"Dadi maa," said Ragini," I never actually felt like going. But Swara really wanted to go and she had no company..........."

"Swara Bose?" said Shekhar thoughtfully. His mind wandered to the time, nineteen years back when he had held baby Swara in his arms for the first time.........for the first and the last time."