Chap 14- Aasoon ye dabe hue se

"I must say Veena ji, your house is very beautiful," Deeda was constantly complimenting Veena about everything, ranging from her saree to her jewellery to her house..........and so on.

Sharmishtha sat with a worried look upon her face. She desperstely wanted the alliance to happen but was afraid that something might go wrong.

"Veena ji," said Sharmishtha interrupting her mother's compliment marathon," How is Kajal feeling now? I am so sorry that she sprained her ankle."

"My daughter has been in so much pain lately,"  said Veena angrily," All because of that clumsy Ragini. Had she not dropped the ghee from the diya onto the floor, Kajal wouldnt have slipped. That girl cant do anything properly at all."

"Yes," said Sharmishtha anxiously.

Anurag walked down the stairs and greeted all the elders.

"Namaste Kaki maa," he said greeting Sharmishtha," Namaste deeda. I hope you had no difficulty in locating the house. Didnt Swara come along?"

"She is in the kitchen," said Veena sternly," preparing tea and breakfast for all of us."

"I see," said Anurag," Shall I bring Kajal downstairs?"

"Not at all," said Veena," Let her rest. I will ask Swara to serve her breakfast in her room."

"The entire family has gone to see a suitable groom for Swara didi," the housemaid of the Bose family told Ragini.

"To see a suitable groom?" Ragini could not believe her ears," But why? Swara never told me anything. When will they come back?"

"By eight in the night madam."

"All right," said Ragini," I will speak to Swara then. I wonder why this hasty decision....."

"I hope your daughter can iron cotton sarees with great speed. I was an expert when I was sixteen. And its really important that she always keeps her hair braided. And................"

"And she has made such an excellent cup of tea," said Sujoy, Anurag's father.

Luckily for Swara, Anurag's dadi maa had helped her to make tea and breakfast. But Swara didnt like hiding the truth.

"So Anurag," Veena said to her son,"What do you have to say about this alliance?

"Maa.........I trust you and baba completely. You wont ever take any wrong decision for me."

"Thats my son," said Sujoy proudly,"And what about you Swara beta?"

"I............." Swara hesitated for a moment and then spoke," Maa wants this marriage to happen. She and Deeda have already chosen Anurag for me. I will never disappoint my family. My answer is yes."

"Now thats what I call discipline," declared Veena.