Chap 27- Batein kuch ankahi si

"I dont think so," said Ragini sounding quite upset," Arjun and I have some shopping to do. So Lakshya, you need to leave."

Saying so, Ragini and Arjun went towards the other end of the store.

Ragini picked up some sage scented candles for deeda. She was quite disturbed by Lakshya's words. It wasnt fair of him to place such false accusations on her.

"Ragini," Arjun called out to her," Look! These candles jars have a huge discount on them."

"Wonderful," she said with no interest.

"So for how long have you and Ragini been friends?" Sanskar asked Swara.

"Its been a couple of months," replied Swara," Maa and I decided to move in with deeda, my grandma due to her health issues. Thats how we became neighbours."

"Interesting," said Sanskar sipping his tea," Where does your father live?"

"Up in the heavens," replied Swara," He passed away when I was four."

"I am so sorry," said Sanskar.

"Thats all right," she said.

"I love the mountains," said Sanskar," I have spent most of my childhood studying in boarding schools in hill stations. Maa used to be quite busy with her business and dad had undergone his knee replacement surgery. But despite all odds, we have always been there for each other."

"And thats why you are so close to your friends," said Swara," I really adore this bond of friendship that you, Lakshya, Ragini and Misha share."

Ragini and Arjun had paid their bills and were moving out of the store when Lakshya stopped them.

"So I believe your shopping is over now," he said," I think we can talk now."

"Arjun," Ragini said to him," I am sorry but Lakshya and I have something to talk about. If you would be kind enough to return back on your own................"

"Sure," replied Arjun," I will see you both soon."

Once Arjun had left, Ragini and Lakshya began walking back.

"I didnt mean to say all that," said Lakshya," I was really pissed off because................Because this trip was a kind of reunion for you, me, Sanskar and Misha. And I didnt like the fact tgat somebody else was invading in....."

"I understand," said Ragini," You could have told me before. I believe you feel the same way for Swara as well."

"What!... About Swara......?" he said sounding astonished," No, not at all. Swara is one of us......She..... she is our friend........But that Arjun......."

"What about him?" asked Ragini," He is a wonderful person and......."

"A wonderful person! God! Whats wrong with you Ragini?"

Ragini looked at him with a puzzled stare. She couldnt figure out why he was so angry with Arjun. What had the poor fellow done to deserve so much hate?