Chap 10- Anything for love

"And what about astrology? Do you have any interest in things like the sun sign and the moon sign ? And do you read your daily horoscope?" Anurag and Swara were on a video call with each other.

Anurag seemed to be a nice person who  appeared to be quite patient and understanding. He spoke calmly and politely. He and Swara had quite similar interests, the only difference being music and astrology. But that didnt seem to matter so much.

"Whom are you closest to in your family?" Swara asked him.

"Baba," he replied," Maa is a bit strict and loves discipline. Baba is pretty chilled out and has a great sense of humour. I have always been his favourite."

"Thats lovely," she said," I dont remember my papa too much. He passed away when I was only four."

"I am sorry," he said," But I can assure you that you will get along with Baba very well."

"What kind of discipline does your mother like?" she asked.

"Maa is very strict about everyone being present on time in the dining hall. We always have our meals together. Maa also does not allow us to party at all. I find that frustrating but I respect her wishes."

"Anurag is everything a girl ever dreams of," she thought," His family is loving and supportive, he understands and respects my dreams but....................."

"But there is something called love," Sanskar was still on a call with Ragini,"And thats all that matters. I love music, I love to sing and create music. If I do something, it has to be for love."

"So you are joining our college because you have hopes that we can get back together," Ragini asked him doubtfully.

"Thats not the only reason," he said," I also love my friends. I miss our school days so much. Lakshya and I hardly get to meet each other. So I am coming into your town."

"And where will you stay?" asked Ragini.

"At Lakshya's house. He joined your college just last week but has great knowledge about the curriculum."

"Yes," said Ragini," He left for his trip so early. I couldnt even introduce him to Swara. But I am glad that they met each other at Misha's birthday."

Swara finally agreed to meet Anurag. Her maa and deeda were elated to hear a yes from her. The meeting was planned in Anurag's house because his mother wanted so. Sharmishtha was speaking to Anurag's mother through the main telephone," I feel so fortunate to have found your family for my daughter."

"We havent said yes yet," said Anurag's mother in a stern voice.

"I......I know," said Sharmishtha hesitating to speak," But I am still grateful to maa durga that our families are coming together for a meeting."

"Yes Sharmishtha, I hope your daughter wont disappoint us. Anurag was on a video call with her. He said that Swara wasnt paying attention to what he was saying. Her mind was elsewhere. Let me remind you Sharmishtha that my son does not approve of such careless behaviour. He likes to be heard when he is talking."

"I am so sorry Veena ji," said Sharmishtha," I will talk to Swara about this."