Chap 1- Ragon se rachi hai Ragini

In a beautiful and well kept house, an old lady  was preparing tea and breakfast. She gave proper instructions to the housemaid who obediently listened to her.

"Dadi maa," a young girl entered the kitchen. Her hair were braided neatly while her heavily embroidered dupatta sparkled in the morning sunshine.

"Dadi maa....." she spoke with fear, her voice reducing almost to a whisper," Its Misha's birthday today."

"Great," said the old lady pouring the tea into the brass kettle," Call her now from my phone and do share our blessings too."

"Yes, but she has invited me to her house for.................for the party."

Ragini was now staring blankly at the floor. She knew what was coming. She was used to listening the word "NO" for almost everything. But her Dadi maa seemed to be in a different mood that day.

"I see," she spoke in an authoritative voice," At what time?"

"6 pm Dadi maa," said Ragini hopefully.

"All right. Shekhar will drop you. But be sure to braid your hair properly. I dont want any loose bangs hanging out."

"Yes dadi maa," said Ragini happily and rushed to her room.

Ragini was the very soul of the family. Her grandparents adored her, her father was always very proud of her. But with great love come great expectations. With great expectations come great responsibilities. And with responsibilities come restrictions. Ragini felt locked and trapped in a castle of these restrictions. She so longed to be free.