Chap 25- Narazgi teri

"Ragini, will you please come with me to the candle store? I really wish to visit the place but none of our batchmates are interested in going there." Arjun asked Ragini.

Ragini looked a little confused but she too desperately wanted to visit the candle store. She had always been extremely fond of candlelit quiet evenings and the soothing aroma of scented floral candles always delighted her.

"Sure," she replied smiling.

"Ragini," said Swara,"Will you please buy some nice candles for deeda? The aroma calms down her anxious nerves."

"Why not," said Ragini.

Ragini and Arjun left the place while the others waited for Sanskar and Lakshya to return who had gone in search of a tea stall.

Swara had come to know of Menaka's offer and had requested their supervisor to allow Ragini and her to spend the night there. She had been granted the permission but with a stern warning to be back by five in the morning.

"There is a tea stall down there," announced Lakshya as he and Sanskar returned to the group.

"Come on everyone," said Misha," Lets have some nice warm tea."

"Swara!" Kartik called out to her," Come on, I believe its too cold to say no to tea."

"Now when did she say no?" Lakshya asked him.

"She didnt look interested, so I thought that.........." answered Kartik.

"So you thought that its a wonderful opportunity to get into her good books......." said Sanskar with a tinge of anger in his voice.

"Mind it Kartik," said Lakshya," She is soon to be married."

"Jeez I didnt know that," said Kartik feeling quite embarassed.

Just then, Swara heard her phone ringing. She took it out from her handbag and saw Anurag's name flashing on the screen. She received the call with a heavy heart.

"Swara," spoke Anurag in a kind voice,"Maa has picked a few new sarees for you. I have sent you the pictures. Please do let me know which ones you like."

"Thats very kind of her, said Swara.

"Maa wants you to look good on our engagement day."

"Engagement day...But Anurag, I want to wear maa's wedding saree on that day....." said Swara.

"No way," said Anurag," Maa will be completely pissed off."

"But.........Anurag, I do understand but...........I have already promised maa and her feelings really mean a lot to me.........."

"So my mother's feelings dont matter to you at all Swara? She was so happy buying all those clothes for you and............"

"Thats not what I meant," said Swara,"I dont want to hurt Veena aunty's feelings but................"

"Anurag," said Swara," Veena aunty has a daughter like Kajal who is always by her side , she has a wonderful son like you..............Veena aunty can fulfill her wishes whenever she wants. But maa has no by her side other than me. I have never bought clothes for myself. Since the time I wore frocks to the time I started wearing sarees, maa has always chosen each outfit for me. After our wedding, she will lose that right too. So why break her heart on our engagement day as well?"

Swara disconnected the call in anger with tears in her eyes.