Chap 29- My foolish mind

"I would be delighted to have a student like Ragini," Bidya told Parwati with a soft smile on her face.

"Laado will be truly grateful," said Parwati in a whispering voice. She was really worried about how she would explain this to Shekhar.

"Years ago, Shekhar and Sharmishtha were students here," said Bidya," They were the most obedient students I had ever had."

"I agree," said Parwati," Shekhar used to love being a student here. This place was like a gurukul for him. My son has learnt so much from here."

"But," said Bidya with a frown on her face," Why did he not marry Sharmishtha as all of us had expected?"

"Expectations are not always satisfied," said Parwati in a firm voice," But......they did make a truly wonderful couple. And perhaps........they still do."

"Some instruments like the veena, the damroo, the flute....are so sacred to us," Swara and Sanskar were still talking to each other," Kanha's melodious flute playing is talked about so much in our scriptures. Maa Saraswati's veena, Bholenath and his damroo........I love the music these sacred instruments create. Its soul stirring."

"Does Anurag like music too?" Sanskar asked her.

Swara's expression stiffened and her smile faded into a frown.

"Well," she said," He isnt much into music."

"Does he like to hear you play?" Sanskar asked again.

"I havent played for him yet," said Swara.

"Not even once?" asked Sanskar.

Swara nodded her head in a no.

"Thats pretty strange," said Sanskar,"I always thought that music is a wonderful way to express one's feelings. And when it comes to love..............Why would you not play for the man you love?"

Swara thought hard for a moment. Sanskar's words were bringing clarity to her foolish and confused mind which had made her say "yes" for the marriage.

"Perhaps," she thought," I should have listened to my heart afterall."