Chap 55- Swaragini together again

The guests had started arriving. The decorations were beautifully done.

"The arrangements look pretty nice,"Anurag's father Sujoy said.

"I agree," said Veena looking all around her," but I prefer red roses to white."

"Come on Veena, its all looking very nice."

"Namashkar Sujoy babu, namashkar veena ji," Sharmishtha greeted them,"Jamai babu didnt come with you?"

"Anurag and Kajal shall be arriving very soon. He has taken Kajal to the parlour," replied Veena.

Sharmishtha nodded.

"And where is our daughter in law?"Sujoy asked.

"Shona is almost ready and.........."

Just then, Swara walked down the stairs. She was wearing a dull pale pink colored salwar kameez with no make up and no jewellery.

"She isnt ready yet!" Veena said angrily.

"I will see to it," said Sharmishtha rushing towards Swara.

"What is all this Shona?"

"Maa," said Swara," I am sorry but its not Anurag and I who are getting engaged today."

"What do you mean?" Sharmishtha yelled at her making all the guests look in their direction.

Swara walked ahead to where Madhav and Sumitra were sitting. She grabbed Madhav by his collar and dragged him upto the stage where Shorvori was already standing.

"Namashkar!" Swara said on the mike,"My sincere apologies to everyone present here. But today my friend Shorvori is getting engaged to Madhav. I want you all to shower your blessings on them."

Madhav who had always wanted to marry Shorvori finally put the ring on her finger. The crowd clapped for them. Shorvori too put the ring on his finger with a smile on her face.

Seeing all this, Veena couldnt control her anger anymore. She walked upto the stage fuming with anger and slapped Swara.

"You wretched girl!" she yelled at Swara," How dare you!"

"I am sorry kaki maa," said Swara,"but I had no choice."

"I will not spare you," said Veena," I am calling off your alliance with my son!"

"I too want the same," Swara told her,"I am sorry but I dont think that this alliance with bring anyone any happiness."

"Swara!" yelled Sharmishtha walking upto her," Please dont do this Shona."

"No maa," said Swara," I have had enough! Ask them to leave now."

Veena in her anger was about to raise her hand again on Swara when someone held her hand.

"Dont you dare!" Ragini warned her,"or else you might have to face serious consequences. Please leave!"

"I will not spare you!" Veena yelled again and walked away.

"Swara," said Ragini hugging her," are you okay?"

"Yes," said Swara," I am fine."

"How dare she slap you!" she said angrily looking at Swara's swollen face.

"Its all over now," Swara said.