Chap 16- Nadan palkon mein sapne hazar

It was four in the morning and yet so dark. The cool breeze washed over Ragini's face as she sat patiently in their college bus waiting for Swara to arrive. But instead, she saw Lakshya and Sanskar putting their bags in the backseat of the bus.

"Hello Ragini !" She heard Lakshya's voice through the open window.

"Hello Lakshya," she smiled back to him.

"Good morning Ragini," said Sanskar stepping into the bus. The other students too had begun to get seated.

"Sanskar," she said feeling so happy to see him after such a long time," When did you arrive?"

"Yesterday," he said getting seated.

"Why didnt you call me? Why didnt you meet me in the college?"

"Ragini," said Sanskar," Just relax. I am here now. And how did Shekhar uncle agree to send you on this trip?"

"Dadi maa convinced him," said Ragini.

"Ragini, where is Swara?" Lakshya asked her.

"She must be coming," said Ragini anxiously.

"Maa please......You promised me that.............." Swara was pleading with her mother to let her go.

"I know shona," said Sharmishtha," But then I had said yes as a mother. But now, you are Veena ji's would be daughter in law. You need to ask her first."

"Fine," said Swara angrily and dialled Anurag's number.

"Swara," she heard Anurag's sleepy voice from the other end of the line,"Is everything all right? Its four twenty in the morning."

"I am sorry Anurag," said Swara,"But I need to ask you something. I signed up for a college trip with my friends. They will be leaving any minute now. May I please go with them?"

"Swara I dont think maa will allow this. But..............But I understand. This will be your very last trip with your friends. So you may go now."

"Thank you," said Swara wiping her tears.

"Why hasnt Swara arrived yet?" Ragini asked herself as she dialled Swara's number again. But she was getting a constant busy tone on her number.

"Lakshya," Ragini called out to him,"Swara hasnt arrived yet. I really dont know why. She was pretty excited for this trip."

"Maybe she fell ill or something," said Lakshya,"Didnt she leave you any message?"

"No," said Ragini," I dont know whats the matter."

"I will go and get her," said Sanskar getting up.

"What?" asked Ragini," What do you mean Sanskar?"

"Ragini," said Sanskar," After school got over, we lost touch with each other. This trip is a second chance for our friendship. I wont let your mood get spoiled. I will go and get Swara."