Prom is not what I thought

I was getting in my dress while Lily was getting on hers. We decided that we would help eachother get ready at my house an dthen she and Brody could meet up at Prom. I was wearing a red dress that went just above my knee. It had thick strapes and a bow in the front. I had my hair curled and had makeup on. I am also wearing black pumps.

Lily was wearing a pink dress that went just above her knees. It had ruffles on the bottom half and a bow in the front like mine. She had a black leather jacket over top of her dress and a beautiful long necklace. She had makeup on as well. He hair was brushed to the side. She was wearing boots with grey long socks sticking out. We both looked HOT!

"Jewel! You look amazing!" Lily yelled.

"So do you! I bet Brody will love you in it!" I say laughing.

We make our way to my Dad's car, I don't have my own yet... It was a ford explorer but oh well!

I let Lily walk down the steps to the gym first. I watch as she walks over to Brody who was wearing an ordinary suit like the rest of the boys. His mouth was hung open staring at his girlfriend who was laughing as she shut his trap by pushing up his chin with her finger.

I start walking down the stairs looking down at first and going slow as to make sure I didn't trip and make a fool of myself in front of all the other seniors who were celebrating the end of high school. I finally look up when I am halfway down the steps and everybody could see me.

"Is that Jewel?" "That's Jewel!" "Damn she looks fine tonight!" "I can't believe she doesn't have a date!" Those are some examples of what I can hear people saying about me. The good thing was that it was all good things. The song playing was No one by Alicia Keys which is kind of ironic since I had no date so I kinda didn't fit the meaning behind the song. As I reach the bottom I go and sit down since I had no date to dance with.

****************************************************************************************************************

"Hey Jewel!" Someone said above me.

"Oh. Hey Nathan!" I say as he sits next to me.

" I was wondering if you would dance with me?" He asked.

"I thought you came with Joanna?" I ask confused.

"I did! She's talking with some friends and asked me to thank you, so thank you. So one dance?" He explains.

"Sure." I say talking the hand he was offering me. We walk to the dance floor and a slow song comes on.

"I want to ask you something... Will you please sing a song so I can ask Joanna to go out with me?" He asks. I look at him with a look of rejection " Please Jewel? You are a really good singer."

"What song?" I ask and he smiles and tells me the song.

****************************************************************************************************************

I walk onto the stage as the DJ introduces me onto it.

"Hey everyone! Someone requested that I sing this song so here you go!" I say. As the music starts I get lost in the rythm.

[x2]
I need you boo,
I gotta see you boo
And the hearts all over the world tonight,
Said the hearts all over the world tonight

Hey! Little mama,
Ooh, you're a stunner
Hot..little figure,
Yes, you're a winner
And I'm so glad to be yours,
You're a class all your own
And..
Oh, little cutie
When you talk to me
I swear the whole world stops
You're my sweetheart
And I'm so glad that you're mine
You are one of a kind and...

You mean to me
What I mean to you and..
Together baby,
There is nothing we won't do
'cause if I got you,
I don't need money,
I don't need cars,
Girl, you're my all.
And..

Oh!
I'm into you,
And girl,
No one else would do,
'cause with every kiss and every hug,
You make me fall in love,
And now I know I can't be the only one,
I bet there heart's all over the world tonight,
With the love of their life who feels..
What I feel when I'm

With you [x5]
Girl..
With you [x5]

Oh girl!
I don't want nobody else,
Without you, there's no one left then,
You're like Jordans on Saturday,
I gotta have you and I cannot wait now,
Hey! Little shawty,
Say you care for me,
You know I care for you,
You know...that I'll be true,
You know that I won't lie,
You know that I would try,
To be your everything..yeah..

'cause if I got you,
I don't need money,
I don't need cars,
Girl, you're my all.
And..

With you [x5]
Oh..
With you [x5]
Yeah Heh..

And I..
Will never try to deny,
that you're my whole life,
'cause if you ever let me go,
I would die..
So I won't front,
I don't need another woman,
I just need your all and nothing,
'cause if I got that,
Then I'll be straight
Baby, you're the best part of my day

I need you boo,
I gotta see you boo
And the hearts all over the world tonight,
Said the hearts all over the world tonight

Woo Oh.. Yeah
They need it boo,
They gotta see their boo,
Said the hearts all over the world tonight,
Hearts all over the world tonight

With you [x5]
Girl..
With you [x5]
Oh..

"Joanna will you be my boo?" Nathan asks.

"I would love to be your boo!" Joanna says excitedly smiling and they share a bib hug in the middle of everyone and lean to have the most magical kiss I have ever seen. I was very happy to know that I helped create some of the magic in the air.

"Jewel! Can you sing this song!" "Jewel sing that one!" For the rest of the night I was getting requested to sing, so I did. Me and the DJ had a lot of fun. It wasn't the Prom I expected but I liked it.