Chapter 75

Hongjoong was currently in the south forest trying to pull himself together. He knew what he did was wrong but he was still upset. The King had chastised him in front of everybody and even when he thanked him, he was ignored.
He shook his head trying to do away with his bad thoughts. He hated that he was like this. This was why he didn't want his snow form to appear. Once it did, he'd get often irritated and easily lashed out. Though it wasn't as bad as it used to be, it was still evident. The only thing that could ever bring him back to his senses and calm him down was the mention of Seong or a deep sleep. And he currently couldn't acquire either.

He sat on his knees and looked at his reflection in the pond. He dumped his head into it and remained like that for a few minutes until he couldn't breath and relented. His hair was back to its original color though it hadn't changed much, but it looked a bit different. He didn't linger on the thought and made his way back to the castle.

Hongjoong headed to the throne room but wasn't allowed entry as it was occupied. He smelled a familiar scent but quickly assumed the idea was foolish and made his way to his room.

"You may not understand as you're merely a pirate but it's common courtesy to bow in the presence of a King," Woohyung spoke when Kyro just stood there with a smile.

"It's mainly culture but I'll abide," the beta responded and bowed his head. He moved closer and offered his hand.
"It's also common courtesy to shake hands when one has been offered," he tried.
The King only laughed at him.

"You must think me a fool."
Kyro tilted his head acting confused.
"I am a King. I don't have to abide to you," he said confidently. The beta put down his head and released a low sigh.
"Besides," Woohyung spoke, his voice suddenly a few octaves lower catching the captain by surprise.
"I know of your abilities. You're not as clever as you think."
Kyro chuckled realizing he had been caught.

"Well then, let me get straight to the point."

The King clasped his hands together and paid attention. Though he wasn't at the boys mercy and technically didn't have to listen to anything he said, he was still indebted to them. Kyro knew that and took advantage of it. Yet, he decided to play nice.

"In any other occasion, this would have been a straightforward threat with following consequences, but I respect you as a King so I am simply asking. We both understand that you are in my debt but I'll erase it from memory and think of it as a kind act to protect our friend," Kyro spoke. The King only waited for him to continue.

"I simply want an entente," he finally proposed. The King raised a brow at him.
"With my Kingdom?"
"Yes sir."
"Why?"
"Because, the Jung kingdom is strong and is still growing. And with the war just about over, it'll be good for me and my crew to have someone as strong as you supporting us."

"You're a pirate. Why do you need support from a King?" The King asked quite bemused. Kyro realized that Wooyoung hadn't told him anything. He didn't really make it clear to him as they had come out of nowhere.

"That's confidential information," he stated. The King only stared at him with a blank expression.
"Then why should I help you if I don't even know what risks I'll be taking?"
"If you agree, I'll inform you of them."
The King started to grow tired of the conversation and questioned why he was still entertaining the idea. Pirates were savages. Even if he did for any reason agree, none of the Kingsmen would.

"What do I gain from this?"
"A lot actually. I have a few executives located in different parts of the world. You may not know but we are quite infamous. A simple flag at your harbor could ward off any pirates that plan to attack," he explained.