Chapter 133

Warning! Mentions of Rape

Yunho was a bit nervous. He was sure his father would return today and he wanted the castle in perfect shape. He needed his father to be proud of him. It was the only way to prove his competence.

Since he had done such a great job from the start, there wasn't that much he had left to do. He skimmed through the scrolls and papers he had left on his father's desk for him to sign and remembered Joongi still hadn't brought his own.

On his way to go remind him, he decided to check on the prisoner again. When he reached the cell, both him and the guard were surprised to find him in the same spot, practically drenched in blood. The guard quickly opened the door and lifted up his head displaying his glowing eyes. Yunho gasped in shock and moved closer. A thought grazed his mind and his eyes widened in realization.

He ran out the cell and quickly searched for the alpha. He found him at the courtyard talking to a few soldiers.

"Joongi!" Yunho exclaimed a little panicked.
"Yes your highness," he answered immediately.
"The prisoner you brought, he's bleeding," the prince informed.

Joongi only stared at the prince blankly.
"And his eyes are glowing," Yunho added.
"...Well he is a water beta.."
"Fool! Their eyes would only be glowing if their ability is in use."

Joongi's eyes widened at that.
"You caught him but how about his duplicates? Did you make sure to catch all of them?"

The leader's mind wandered for a minute until he came to a sudden realization.

"Shit!"

He didn't even wait for the prince to speak again and whistled as he ran to the stables for a horse. A minute later, Joo Hyuk was right behind him and in seconds they were gone.

Yeosang raised his head when he smelled blood. He sniffed the air around him becoming a little apprehensive.

"What is it?" Jongho asked concerned.
"You don't smell that?"
Jongho sniffled the air as well a bit addled. Smelling was his strong suit yet he couldn't smell anything.
"No? Am I supposed to smell something?"
"Yes. It smells like b-"

A loud cry interrupted him and both boys stared at each other for a second before standing up and following the noise. Yeosang followed the smell and it led him to the medical center.

Both Yeosang and Jongho halted in their tracks at the sight in front of them. Jongho was alarmed by what he saw and Yeosang was shocked and startled. He hadn't even noticed it was Hongjoong until the alpha turned around. There was a wide smirk on his face as he gazed at the people screaming in front of him.

Jongho attempted to go in to stop him but Yeosang grabbed his shirt and shook his head.

"We need to do something," he said a bit distressed.
"What if.. you make it worse?"

Jongho looked back to the white haired alpha with concern as he picked someone up by the hair and slit their gland with his sharp nail.
He wasn't really sure what he could do but he felt like he needed to try. But what if Yeosang was right and he only made it worse and got himself hurt in the process?

"Sir? Where are we going? If we took the other way, we could have been home by now," Mingi spoke up.

"I want to visit my son," the King replied.
Mingi nodded and smiled. He wouldn't mind seeing Yeosang as well.

The carriage came to a complete stop a few hours later in front of the Choi palace. He exited first and made sure the King was safe before pacing behind the Queen and San.