Chapter 10: The move

Third person POV:

Mully woke up at 09:30 in the morning, with Josh's hand resting on his head. He smiled and slowly removed it, before walking towards the bathroom. Mully looked at himself in the mirror and saw his tear-stained face. "Fuck, I look like crap..." he whispered, washed his face with water and fixed his hair. Suddenly, he saw Josh behind him in the mirror. "Oh, hey... I'm sorry, did I wake you up?" Mully asked quietly. "No, you didn't. Wanna have some breakfast?" Josh asked with a smile on his face. Mully nodded and smiled back. "Great, I'll make us some pancakes and coffee." Josh said and walked off into the kitchen.

Mully's POV:

I looked at myself one last time, before I left the bathroom. I walked down the hallway and the fantastic smell of coffee came towards me. A smile grew on my face and I entered the kitchen, were Josh was standing. "Here is your coffee. You can get us two plates out of the cabinet over there, while I finish the pancakes." he told me and pointed at the cupboard to his left. I nodded and placed the plates and two forks on the table. After that, I took my cup and leaned over Josh's shoulder. "Are you ready to get your stuff?" Josh asked and I frowned a bit. All the bad memories came back and a little bit of fear grew inside of me. Josh probably noticed that, because he turned around and hugged me tightly. "Hey, you don't need to be scared. I promise to you, she won't be there. And if she is there, you don't need to go inside. I will get the stuff alone, alright?" It was really comforting to have him wrapped around me and talking to me. "Thank you, Josh. I really appreciate your help." I said and Josh smiled at me, while turning back to his pancakes. "No problem, Mully. You can count on me!" he answered and flipped one of the pancakes with the spatula.

Third person POV:

Josh finished making the food and he and Mully had breakfast together. After they cleaned the dishes, the two boys got into Josh's car and drove towards the house of Mully's ex. Mully was kind of curious about Josh's and Kristy's breakup and he considered asking Josh about details. "Hey, can I ask you something?" Mully started and looked down at his hands. "Sure, what's up?" Josh asked back and smiled. "You don't need to answer, if you don't want to, but I'm curious... What happened there between you and Kristy, your relationship seemed so strong?" Mully questioned quietly, because he was scared of hurting his friend. Josh hesitated. "Should I tell him about my sexuality?" he thought, but decided to keep it a secret for now. "It's okay. Like I said, it wasn't big of a deal. Kristy and I drifted apart and both of us had someone else on our minds, while we were spending time together. And aside from that, she came out as lesbian and now has a girlfriend." Josh explained and sighed. "Oh... If there is anything bothering you, you can tell me." Mully said. He felt that there was something else on his mind. Josh hesitated again. "No, I'm alright. She is happy with her new girlfriend." he answered and shrugged his shoulders. "And who was the one on your mind?" Mully asked nervously. Josh blushed in a dark shade of red and stuttered "Oh... uhm... th-that's a little complicated... The only thing I'm sure about, i-is that this person is probably not interested in m-me." Drops of sweat built on Josh's forehead and his heart was pounding fast. "Are you sure, you're okay? You don't look so good." Mully noticed and opened the car window. "Y-yes I'm good. Just a little warm today, isn't it?" Josh answered and wiped the sweat off his face. "I guess so..." Mully said pretty unsure about what's wrong with Josh.

Josh's POV:

Fuck that was awkward... Luckily, the driveway to the house of Mully's ex was in sight. "Ok, there we are. Are you ready?" I asked Mully, but he just looked down at his hands in silence. "Don't worry, she won't be there, I promise." I said and put my arm around his shoulders. He looked at me, nodded and we both got out of the car.

We walked towards the front door and Mully unlocked it with his key. As I expected it, the house was unpeopled. I saw the relief in Mully's eyes and smiled. We started bringing all the stuff to the car. The computers, the camera equipment, his clothes and bedclothes. The trunk and the back of my car were now full and we drove back to my place to drop the stuff off. "After we brought that stuff inside, we'll pick up some tools and my trailer and get the rest of your furniture." I said and smiled. Mully looked at me a little confused. "But we're are we supposed to put all that stuff?" he asked. "The room next to my bedroom is empty. That's gonna be your room!" I answered and I saw him smile too. "Thank you... that means a lot to me..." he whispered happily. "You're welcome. Everything's going to be okay, alright? Don't worry." I said and pulled up to my house.

Third person POV:

After the two boys brought everything inside, Josh grabbed the toolbox from the garage, attached the trailer to his car and they drove back to Mully's former home.

Josh's POV:

Bringing all the furniture down the narrow stairs was a hard piece of work and lasted the whole afternoon, but after hours of carrying, everything was on top of the trailer. I was glad that Mully's ex and her stupid new boyfriend or whatever he is to her didn't show up. I don't know, what I would have done, if I saw them that day. Anyways, after we placed the mattress on the trailer and secured everything, we drove home. Mully was completely exhausted and struggled with staying awake. "We will build up everything tomorrow. You can sleep in my bed again, if you want." I said and saw a tired smile on his lips. "Thank you..." he whispered sleepy and I rubbed his shoulder carrying. "You're welcome." I said and pulled up the driveway to my house.

Third person POV:

Josh helped Mully to get to his room and after they changed into more comfortable clothes, the two boys fell onto Josh's bed and went to sleep.